Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Status of Nahatlatch FSR?

Re: Status of Nahatlatch FSR?

Quote Originally Posted by backstrap;[URL="tel:2338410"
    2338410[/URL]]That’s too bad, what a valley that is. I had the pleasure of working in the back end in the early 2000’s. We built the last 3km of road from 83-86km. Took us 2 weeks to open the road up enough to get a truck back there and that was on a good year. I’d be surprised if we ever make it back that far again. Hopefully they can open it up too 42km so people can check out grizzly falls, that’s as cool of a spot as any.

thanks for the road reports.
    Was Al and Elizabeth running the camp? My buddy used to own a place at Hannah Lake and had many memories up there, best spot was the sand bar at km 42 roughly, there’s a cable car that goes across the River on the southern are of the sand bar
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

What about access from Harrison?

Quote Originally Posted by ekul246 View Post
    What about access from Harrison?
    There's around 8 feet of snow currently up there. I saw pictures in a 4x4 group on FB of a few guys in their built jeeps who couldn't make it through yet.

Quote Originally Posted by driveby View Post
    There's around 8 feet of snow currently up there. I saw pictures in a 4x4 group on FB of a few guys in their built jeeps who couldn't make it through yet.
    What? 8ft of snow?! That’s insane

hello,

Planning on doing the Harrison East FSR to Boston Bar route next week, wondering if anyone has been there recently? I saw on the Chilliwack site that Kookipi FSR had some rock fall. any cool spot to camp overnight?

"Vehicle access beyond 3.0 km is not recommended due to rock falls on road. The rockslide is usually an annual event occurring during the spring freshet. Spoil site approximately at 6 km.

Quote Originally Posted by bangbangkhan View Post
    hello,

Planning on doing the Harrison East FSR to Boston Bar route next week, wondering if anyone has been there recently? I saw on the Chilliwack site that Kookipi FSR had some rock fall. any cool spot to camp overnight?

"Vehicle access beyond 3.0 km is not recommended due to rock falls on road. The rockslide is usually an annual event occurring during the spring freshet. Spoil site approximately at 6 km.

I was up the Harrison east a month or so back, went up to around 50km and the road was perfectly fine, passed that I don’t know what the road conditions are, there’s a few campsites along the road, shouldn’t be a problem to find a spot just keep driving till you see a spot you like.

Quote Originally Posted by ekul246 View Post
    Did you happen to do that fly over?
    Didn't end up going that way yet. Sorry. I'm still hoping to take a look though.

Unless something has changed very recently, Kookipi FSR is completely impassable in multiple spots.

Yeah seems like I might it be able to do the loop but I will still go and explore some new country.

Interested to see the outcome. Always wanted to try this but too worried I might destroy my stock 4runner. Good luck ��