Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Browning Sticky Stock

Re: Browning Sticky Stock

Easy remedy fir u BROWNING. GUYS ! Just But a TIKKA T3X ! RJ

I just had mine done at Reliable in Vancouver. I dropped it of , gave them my info and picked it up a few days later. All good. I was told by another gun shop that I would have to send it back to Browning back east but I thought I'd check to see if there was someone closer. I found this post, called Reliable and bingo

Did they take care of it in their store? My xbolt has the sticky issue

Quote Originally Posted by BeerMan View Post
    Did they take care of it in their store? My xbolt has the sticky issue

Yes they do them in store.

I just had to email pictures of the stock to Browning, they sent me a new stock.Never had to send the old stock back .

Nice Browning changed their policy. When I had mine done last year they said I had to send it to them, they couldn't just send me a stock as it would void the warranty if they didn't install it themselves. My process was a nightmare, first Canada Post delivered to a residence in Ottawa (rather than Browning in Quebec) and left it there without getting a signature. Luckily the person who's residence it was didn't keep it and sent it on to Browning. Browning finally received it 5 weeks after I initially mailed it. Then the gunsmith (Lemieux Armory's) had to wait for almost 3 months to receive a new stock from the manufacturer. However Lemieux was great on keeping me updated and as soon as they received the stock the installed and shipped to me within a day. I'm very happy with the new stock, it's a little more streamlined than the old one but the whole process took 6 months.

All my firearms have walnut/wood furniture so no experience with this sticky stock business. One of the guys I like to follow on YouTube has this.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/tMb_l_H_t4g

Had the same issue with my Sako 85...Ill never buy a 'soft touch' stock again!