Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Browning Sticky Stock

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    343

    Browning Sticky Stock

    Hello friends. Just wondering if any of you have had any issues with Browning's Duratouch stock? A few weeks ago I went to get my BLR out of the gun safe and my hand literally stuck to it. The whole thing was like glue. I started to explore finding a new stock, but came across a group in the States that had taken Browning to task on it. Turns out Browning buckled to the pressure and will fix any sticky stocks. I sent my rifle out a couple weeks ago and received a service number last Friday. They say it is a 4 week turnaround, but I'm wondering if anyone here has sent one in and could give me a first hand idea of how long it takes. Also, I posted this here just in case some of ya'll thought you were the only one who had this issue. I had nearly spent a lot of money to fix it myself. Now I must turn my attention to bear hunting!

  2. Site Sponsor

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Horsefly BC
    Posts
    2,253

    Re: Browning Sticky Stock

    You would just send the stock, not the whole rifle right. Might never see it again if CBSA gets their mitts on it.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because thatís the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"


  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    343

    Re: Browning Sticky Stock

    You do need to send the entire rifle and magazine. It gets sent to Quebec.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    62

    Re: Browning Sticky Stock

    I had to do this just over a year ago for my hells canyon speed. There were issues, but they weren't necessarily browning's fault and they took care of it.

    It initially took a week for the gun to get to Quebec with the shipping label they provided, then 6 weeks for it to get sent back. Here's where the issues started. They used Canada post express.

    Canada post did not provide a tracking number. They also dropped the gun off without a signature. (Seriously WTF Canada Post). The package containing the gun got stolen from my front door while I wasnt home and I was unaware they had even delivered it until I called to ask about when I would receive it. Browning was absolutely furious with Canada Post as they marked the package as do not leave without signature and paid extra for the service.

    The good part was Browning replaced the gun no questions asked and handled dealing with the RCMP.
    The bad was it took 4 additional months to get a replacement rifle and they shipped it with Canada post again. However we were able to get them to hold it at a processing facility. I got it 2 days before a hunting trip, had to get the scope mounted and sighted in on very short notice.

    They told me they want the entire gun so they can mount it and test it and make sure everything works right.

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Smithers
    Posts
    67

    Re: Browning Sticky Stock

    I have a Duratouch stock on my A-bolt that is really sticky. Would be interested in the contact information and details of where you sent it in.
    Thnx
    Mudsey

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Vanderhoof
    Posts
    336

    Re: Browning Sticky Stock

    We have had a few sticky duratouchXbolt stocks replaced for customers. They've just sent a current model replacement stock to the store. Maybe it's different for dealers? The new stocks come with no swivel studs or recoil pad FYI, so don't turf your old stock until the new one arrives
    Browse our online store!
    www.nechakooutdoors.ca

    106 1st Street West
    Vanderhoof, BC
    250 567 9885
    mark@nechakooutdoors.ca

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cedar B.C.
    Posts
    6,999

    Re: Browning Sticky Stock

    Browning will replace the stock but my buddy sprayed his 2 with BPS 12s with a good quality acrylic 3 yrs ago, still going strong no stick whatsoever
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    343

    Re: Browning Sticky Stock

    Quote Originally Posted by geo guy View Post
    I had to do this just over a year ago for my hells canyon speed. There were issues, but they weren't necessarily browning's fault and they took care of it.

    It initially took a week for the gun to get to Quebec with the shipping label they provided, then 6 weeks for it to get sent back. Here's where the issues started. They used Canada post express.

    Canada post did not provide a tracking number. They also dropped the gun off without a signature. (Seriously WTF Canada Post). The package containing the gun got stolen from my front door while I wasnt home and I was unaware they had even delivered it until I called to ask about when I would receive it. Browning was absolutely furious with Canada Post as they marked the package as do not leave without signature and paid extra for the service.

    The good part was Browning replaced the gun no questions asked and handled dealing with the RCMP.
    The bad was it took 4 additional months to get a replacement rifle and they shipped it with Canada post again. However we were able to get them to hold it at a processing facility. I got it 2 days before a hunting trip, had to get the scope mounted and sighted in on very short notice.

    They told me they want the entire gun so they can mount it and test it and make sure everything works right.
    Wow. Just wow.

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    343

    Re: Browning Sticky Stock

    Quote Originally Posted by Nechako Outdoors View Post
    We have had a few sticky duratouchXbolt stocks replaced for customers. They've just sent a current model replacement stock to the store. Maybe it's different for dealers? The new stocks come with no swivel studs or recoil pad FYI, so don't turf your old stock until the new one arrives
    I was kind of afraid of that. I guess I should have taken my recoil pad off before I sent it.

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    343

    Re: Browning Sticky Stock

    Quote Originally Posted by Mudsey View Post
    I have a Duratouch stock on my A-bolt that is really sticky. Would be interested in the contact information and details of where you sent it in.
    Thnx
    Mudsey
    service.canada@browning.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •