Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BAD Shoulder = Crossbow

BAD Shoulder = Crossbow

I have a line on an Excalibur 355 Micro Suppressor. Not sure what year it was manufactured. I've read a few poor reviews about limbs breaking... this one comes with an extra set of limbs and a string aid as well as all the regular accessories. He wants $1,150 for it which seems a little much for a used bow when they retailed for that during their run - discontinued now.

I am hopeful that my injury will heal eventually and allow me to get back to my trad and compound bows but it is going to take a while and I don't want to miss another archery season! So I'm thinking small width bow, relatively inexpensive that will have a decent resale value in a year or two. I really don't want to spend the big bucks on a new one althoug the Suppressor 400 TD looks like a great bow. I'm only interested in an Excalibur btw...

So who has Excalibur 355 Micro Suppressor and what has your experience been with it?
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

2. Site Sponsor

Arrow Re: BAD Shoulder = Crossbow

Quote Originally Posted by The Hermit View Post
    I have a line on an Excalibur 355 Micro Suppressor. Not sure what year it was manufactured. I've read a few poor reviews about limbs breaking... this one comes with an extra set of limbs and a string aid as well as all the regular accessories. He wants $1,150 for it which seems a little much for a used bow when they retailed for that during their run - discontinued now.
    Correct assumption. Overpriced for what it is.

You really should have followed the advice I sent you on the 380 posted here.
    It is IMO the best they ever produced, and that was a knock out price.

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Re: BAD Shoulder = Crossbow

But Nog that is a big side bow, right? We usually chase in the mornings and treestand in the pm. Lots of spots where I toss the bow up the hill ahead and climb up after it, repeat, repeat to get in to the zone so whatever I buy it needs to be fairly small in width.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hermit View Post
    But Nog that is a big side bow, right? We usually chase in the mornings and treestand in the pm. Lots of spots where I toss the bow up the hill ahead and climb up after it, repeat, repeat to get in to the zone so whatever I buy it needs to be fairly small in width.
    Fair enough.
    There is a < 5" difference between their widths.
    Never faced any issues with that myself.

Good luck in your hunt.

Cheers,
    Nog

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

I'm the opposite, started with an xbow and now deep into the archery gig. Loving it so here's hoping you heal up fast!
    I ran with a 355, first a matrix then the micro and yes if you don't check brace height it only takes one shot and the limbs are toast. No questions warranty with Excalibur though so although a pain to sit and wait for replacement limbs its a good deal.
    I did spot and stalk in the in the Monashees for WT deer and didn't notice the extra length of the limbs once i got used to it. Just got to remember to keep tipping it sideways as you navigate the timber.
    If you are fine not getting your hands on one before buying, there are lots for sale on gunpost from back east. And yes that is too expensive IMO
    Cheers

I run a bull dog 440 I'm right handed but don't have a right eye so shoot left handed have done so for over 25+ years cross bows are the way to go super accurate and a load ton of power

With so many different bows out there maybe on of the smooth pulling ones in the 55lb range would work. Bowtech makes an SS model that pulls like butter.

Still working on getting the shoulder fully functional again. It is going to take longer than I ever imagined. My muscles have deteriorated significantly, not just arms but legs too and especially back weakness. But I am walking with a mostly normal gate and getting stronger with some lite short mountain biking rides which helps with my wind too. Gotta get another cortisone shot in my knees this month and should be good to go for a relatively easy elk hunt this year... tree stands for the most part. Lots of guys to help if I kill and if I don't well its all good.

I haven't bought a crossbow quite yet... one of the team might have one I can borrow for the trip. I should know in a day or two and possibly picking one up at Island Outfitters or Bucky's.

Hope you get to feeling & functioning much better soon Bill!

Cheers,
    Nog

Guess he got to Know me

Encouraging effort today... was able to draw my compound for a few decent shots.