Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tub trailers.

Tub trailers.

I’m looking for a tub trailer and thought I’d throw it out here for opinions. From what I understand the single axle trailers bounce really bad and tend to break anything you’re packing so I’m only looking at waking beam models. The aluminum Marlins start around $3k so I’ve been checking out the plastic tubs with steel frames and a walking beam. So far I’ve seen the paddle plastics 5 foot with sloped back for $1675 and the 6 foot blaze plastics for $1689.

I think these are both made in Albert for anyone else who’s looking.

Is there anything else I should be checking out? Or any experience with these two?

http://paddleplastics.com/products/i...ion=newboxes19

https://blazeplastics.ca/quad-tub-trailers

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Tub trailers.

Polytech Manufacturing in Prince George was making walking beam plastic tub trailers a few years ago when I was looking for a quad trailer.

I ended buying a Bosski ATV Wagon (2 wheels) with a welded aluminum tub, aluminum cover (gas shock to hold it open), steel frame with independent axles on each side with torsion suspension and 25" wheels. Has worked very well behind a Yamaha 550 Grizzly. I previously had towed a Polytech walking beam trailer and thought it towed very hard in mud and rough terrain compared to the Bosski. The cover is great as the mud, water and snow really get into the tub in my experience if not well covered. I got the Bosski from a place in Winnipeg that had a new one on a pallet...best deal I could find, even with shipping. Assembly took me a couple hrs.

If you're looking in Alberta, may as well take a look here as well.
    https://www.bh-contracting.com

Have had some minor interaction with paddle plastics tub trailers. Seem pretty skookum from what little use I've used them for. Plus the guy designs them with hunters in mind.

https://eqnx.biz/product/ranger/

been using this for years up at the acreage. Never had an issue.
    came with the quad when I bought it. See them at Costco, believe can tire and Walmart sell them as well.
    BCWF
    CCFR
    CSSA

Public hanging need to be brought back, starting with the biggest criminals in this country, the politicians.

Kamloops Costco had some for sale the other day. No idea on price since not looking for one.

Get a walking beam. Had a single axle to begin with & rolled it several times. Walking beam is the way to go.

What do you plan on doing with it? That would make a huge difference on what you should consider. I drag a single axle trailer and don't experience what you think they do, but I don't drive like a raped ape when loaded either.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    What do you plan on doing with it? That would make a huge difference on what you should consider. I drag a single axle trailer and don't experience what you think they do, but I don't drive like a raped ape when loaded either.
    I’m planning on dragging it into the Richardson backcountry. It’s a winter road that turns to sand in the summer with lots of moguls. I usually travel somewhere around 50kms. Everybody I know who bought a single axle either destroyed the trailer or everything inside their trailer.

I’m definitely going to need something with real high speed bearings and stuff. I like the idea of the single axle with suspension. I was going to order something this week, but something came up so I might have to wait a couple more weeks.

The torsion axle suspension system and larger 25" tires help on my single axle trailer. Run the tires pretty soft too..3.5 psi. Never tipped it and been in some fairly gnarly stuff, but as HappyJack says, I don't go like a raped ape pulling it either. YMMV, haha.
    Last edited by Blockcaver; 04-17-2022 at 05:10 PM.

BCWF
    CCFR
    CSSA

Public hanging need to be brought back, starting with the biggest criminals in this country, the politicians.