Thread: Nature sounds and sights of Spring video

Nature sounds and sights of Spring video

Got a beefy new laptop and getting back into the video editing game.

First order of business, I went through caddisgirl's cam. Found some cool clips in there (deer, bears, lizards, various birds & insects, etc) and put together a spring-theme video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovBtv5ce6yY

Last edited by caddisguy; 04-12-2022 at 07:39 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Nature sounds and sights of Spring video

Cool video, thanks for sharing
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

Nice, how long did it take you to complete it?

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    Nice, how long did it take you to complete it?
    Editing and posting up the video took about 2 hours, with the caveat I spent about 1 hour the day prior looking through her card having an idea what was on it, and what I would include. So reviewing footage on her card, copying it off, editing, posting, 3 hours. It was just a drag-drop / snip-snip deal and some volume adjustments to make sure the wind / creek noise was consistent and not quiet one clip then super loud the next. Goal to minimize the viewer adjusting volume throughout the video. Pet peeve of mine with YouTube vids and even a lot of movies.

The new laptop is great. On my old one, this all would have taken way longer, waiting for clips to import into the editor, buffering during preview, waiting to export, etc. With my previous setup, I was uninspired to do any editing to say the least... storage was maxed out and I'd need to delete and pull in data to work on, then spend a lot of time just waiting for the computer to catch up.

This laptop is so snappy, I actually tested layering several different effects (crop, zoom, flip, double overlay with transitions before and after) and it does not even flinch (buffer) at all while previewing in the timeline.

Nerd specs: It's a Dell Inspiron with 16GB RAM, 1TB SDD, and AMD Ryzen 7 5700U 8 core 16 thread CPU. Good deal too. On sale $999, even got an extra 2 year (total 3) hardware warranty (in home service) for $60.

I probably could have just went with a small hard drive instead of the 1TB. Working off the 2TB RAID1 file server in the other room from the laptop over the network is just as fast.... but redundancy is cool too
    Last edited by caddisguy; 04-12-2022 at 08:14 PM.

Thanks for the info, it's something I may try myself someday.

Good stuff. Looking forward to more vids
    Check my Youtube Channel for fishing and hunting videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjN...AEGjPIUba3pn9g

Enjoyed watching that!
    Could not identify one of the butterflies - white with orange wing tips)...

Quote Originally Posted by BCHunterFSJ View Post
    Enjoyed watching that!
    Could not identify one of the butterflies - white with orange wing tips)...
    Pretty certain it's called an Orange-Tip. It seems appropriate, but I'm definitely not an expert.

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    Got a beefy new laptop and getting back into the video editing game.

First order of business, I went through caddisgirl's cam. Found some cool clips in there (deer, bears, lizards, various birds & insects, etc) and put together a spring-theme video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovBtv5ce6yY

Thanks for posting. No matter the trials and tribulations of humanity, nature just carries on.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

That bear has some nice distance between his ears.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU