Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why oh why …..

Unhappy Why oh why …..

Other than for the almighty $$$$ …. Why would someone screw up two very good hunting breeds by purposely breeding this cross ….. see latest classified ad for “Griffockers”???
    NMH GMH GMHR-V HRCH-UH Dakota Creek's Royal Navigator MH (AKC & CKC)
    GHRCH-UH MHR-I Dakota Creek's Royal Gem MH
    MHR HRCH-UH WR Dakota Creek's Wreaking Havoc MH
    WR SR-UH Dakota Creek's Cute As A Bug JH WC
    SHR Dakota Creek’s Mirror Image JH

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Why oh why …..

Maybe just an accident but that should have been mentioned so eye brows aren't being raised as to why these two breeds were thrown together. Generally responsible breeders sell their pups with non breeding contracts that can/may be rescinded if the sire/dam in question scores a certain number of points on a hunt test and has passed the various health checks (hips, elbows, eyes, etc.).
    He's NOT your buddy, buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by mastercaster View Post
    Maybe just an accident but that should have been mentioned so eye brows aren't being raised as to why these two breeds were thrown together.
    I did think that, and agree you would think that would have been mentioned in the ad ….. but if it was a oops litter, they certainly wouldn’t be asking $1,500 for a pup.
    NMH GMH GMHR-V HRCH-UH Dakota Creek's Royal Navigator MH (AKC & CKC)
    GHRCH-UH MHR-I Dakota Creek's Royal Gem MH
    MHR HRCH-UH WR Dakota Creek's Wreaking Havoc MH
    WR SR-UH Dakota Creek's Cute As A Bug JH WC
    SHR Dakota Creek’s Mirror Image JH

Are they WPG x Cocker mix? That would be interesting. Not necessarily in a good way. I am not (much of) a dog snob, but I far prefer to know what my dogs likely temperament will be.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    Are they WPG x Cocker mix? That would be interesting. Not necessarily in a good way. I am not (much of) a dog snob, but I far prefer to know what my dogs likely temperament will be.
    The pups are a 3 way mix is what I got our of it,,,,,1/2 griff, 1/4 cocker, and a 1/4 springer, something he called a sprocker. Mixing pointers with flushers,,,,not good, IMHO.

Since this is the case with this breeding, shouldn't the mix be called a grisprocker? lol

sad when dogs are being bred to come up with catchy sounding names..how bout a St Berhuahua

Thats a lot of money for a mongrel. If I was going to buy a hunting breed puppy for a substantial amount money I think I would want to see that the sire and dam came out of proven lines and showed well themselves. But then again, there can be duds out of proven lines as well, myself I'v lucky so far with any dog that I'v had.

Quote Originally Posted by ACB View Post
    Thats a lot of money for a mongrel. If I was going to buy a hunting breed puppy for a substantial amount money I think I would want to see that the sire and dam came out of proven lines and showed well themselves. But then again, there can be duds out of proven lines as well, myself I'v lucky so far with any dog that I'v had.
    Considering that you can buy griffs out of the States for $1200-1500 from proven lines I'd say you're right. Paid $1400 up here in Canada pre-Covid for mine and mine came from a third time breeding from the same parents so I could check on past litter's in terms of confirmation, behavior, and hunting abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle View Post
    sad when dogs are being bred to come up with catchy sounding names..how bout a St Berhuahua

Had a shitzu once think he thought he was a bull terrier ..