Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Woods and jimmy lake closed ?

Woods and jimmy lake closed ?

Ive heard due to the fires that there is 50 lakes in the thompson area closed this year woods jimmy and even red on the list i cant find anything online does any body know if its true
    thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Woods and jimmy lake closed ?

Probably some ploy/spreading rumours to keep people off their "go to" lakes. lol
    He's NOT your buddy, buddy!

There are many lakes in the closed areas. Unless you are FN then its a free for all. Racist regulations as usual. Anyway, you will get fined being in the closed areas. Over $1000 or something like that? From my understanding there are talks going on but I heard fisheries is very frustrated as well. The future is now.

Quote Originally Posted by shed-hunter1 View Post
    Ive heard due to the fires that there is 50 lakes in the thompson area closed this year woods jimmy and even red on the list i cant find anything online does any body know if its true
    thanks
    It would appear from the published map that vehicular access to the northwestern part of Red lake is off limits.
    Last edited by dracb; 04-11-2022 at 06:09 PM.
    "The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Check out the information here:

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/s...e-prohibitions
    https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/sp...ldfire_mvc.pdf

You can call 778 362 4683 and leave a message for a callback.

Yup, I hope no one is expecting to be able to go fishing in a lot areas north of Kamloops Lake almost all the way to Bonaparte Lake amongst a bunch of other closed areas.

I love how they closed Red Lake just past the houses. Shut down the entire rec site despite the fact that only the north end burned - gee do you think this was done because of squeeky wheels? I understood the ban on hunting because of the loss of habitat and how exposed the animals are, but shutting down all the roads for non-hunting activities is stupid. As if they are going to be doing anything except salvage logging and deactivating some of the roads/firebreaks pushed in during fire fighting. In terms of 'fire rehabilitation and restoration' after wildfire, we don't do a heck of lot except plant trees....

Call and complain - of course there is only number with and answering machine: 778 362 4683. I called over two days ago and haven't heard a peep. Or email Scott.Atkinson@gov.bc.ca his number is 778 362 4651 he's the rec site and trails tech in Kamloops.

sure gone to put alot of pressure on other lakes

Ya it really doesn't make sense and when you try and contact a tnrd guy like kevin schrepnic (sp) they won't answer the calls or return and when you try to meet them in person....gone hiding out somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Treed View Post
    Yup, I hope no one is expecting to be able to go fishing in a lot areas north of Kamloops Lake almost all the way to Bonaparte Lake amongst a bunch of other closed areas.

I love how they closed Red Lake just past the houses. Shut down the entire rec site despite the fact that only the north end burned - gee do you think this was done because of squeeky wheels? I understood the ban on hunting because of the loss of habitat and how exposed the animals are, but shutting down all the roads for non-hunting activities is stupid. As if they are going to be doing anything except salvage logging and deactivating some of the roads/firebreaks pushed in during fire fighting. In terms of 'fire rehabilitation and restoration' after wildfire, we don't do a heck of lot except plant trees....

Call and complain - of course there is only number with and answering machine: 778 362 4683. I called over two days ago and haven't heard a peep. Or email Scott.Atkinson@gov.bc.ca his number is 778 362 4651 he's the rec site and trails tech in Kamloops.

Closures are not put in place by Rec Sites and Trails BC, they were put in by Wildfire in coordination with Wildlife staff, Rec Sites got caught in the mix.

And the reasoning in part is due to the hazards to public safety.
    Lots of burned area plus a winter plus an upcoming freshet may produce lots of danger trees, ground instability and general ungoodness
    MoF can only work so fast to mitigate issues
    or so I have been told, ymmv
    Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC