Re: Leh

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Well then, I wish you good luck.
    I think it is very soon?
    I am out this season.
    Maybe even permanently.
    What do you mean by that?
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    What percentage of people actually win a draw? Most of the people in my circle haven't gotten a thing the last few years but I guess that is how a lottery works, always more losers than winners...unless you're related to someone in govt.
    those stats are located somewhere.[ probably on the leh site? ] Every year there will be several folks commenting on how they never win a draw but they only enter draws with historical odds of 60:1 or worse.

They are probably moving everything to LEH in consultation with 3.5% of the population.

these are some draw dates from the past

2020 - Monday June 22nd

2019 - Monday June 24th

2018 - Tuesday June 19th
    2017 - Thursday June 15th

2016 - Monday June 27th

2015 - Wednesday July 8th
    2014 - Tuesday July 8th

2013 - Tuesday July 2nd

2012 - Tuesday June 26th

2011 - Wednesday June 15th

2010 - Monday June 14th

Quote Originally Posted by srthomas75 View Post
    those stats are located somewhere.[ probably on the leh site? ] Every year there will be several folks commenting on how they never win a draw but they only enter draws with historical odds of 60:1 or worse.
    Not in our case [60:1], some people just seem to have more luck, even though I sometimes think it's all rigged somehow. It would be interesting to have an audit done to see if the results they report are even true and it would be interesting to know who has had extraordinary 'luck' over all the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Treed View Post
    They are probably moving everything to LEH in consultation with 3.5% of the population.
    Would be way less than that, they sure don't consult with 100,000 resident hunters?

I have some talk that many locals are upset with LM winning all the LEH in their areas.
    I just have to say, that sure hadn’t been the case for me not my other 3 hunting partners from down here.
    And I talking draws with reasonable odds to win over say a 10 year period.

On the other hand, I know of someone from here who won the Squamish elk twice in 3 years and then moved over a spot or 2 from there and won the elk draws there twice in a row.
    I have no clue how that is possible?
    But it tells me we have a bit of a problem in the actual system.
    IMO

To be fair I wouldn’t be surprised if half the provinces hunters live in that hellscape down there.. rurally lots of people hunt but also tonnes of snowflakes have moved out recently who couldn’t fend for themselves if they were paid to.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    I have some talk that many locals are upset with LM winning all the LEH in their areas.
    I just have to say, that sure hadn’t been the case for me not my other 3 hunting partners from down here.
    And I talking draws with reasonable odds to win over say a 10 year period.

On the other hand, I know of someone from here who won the Squamish elk twice in 3 years and then moved over a spot or 2 from there and won the elk draws there twice in a row.
    I have no clue how that is possible?
    But it tells me we have a bit of a problem in the actual system.
    IMO
    I've seen people get moose leh in the same MU, 4 out of 5 consecutive years, should be practically impossible to get with the reported way enhanced odds is supposed to work. I also was in a group of 7 that applied for a goat draw with 2 tags available, when we got the sorry letter they told us the odds came out at 6.4>1 but not one of the 7 guys got the draw?? Begs the question, where did those tags actually go??

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    I've seen people get moose leh in the same MU, 4 out of 5 consecutive years, should be practically impossible to get with the reported way enhanced odds is supposed to work. I also was in a group of 7 that applied for a goat draw with 2 tags available, when we got the sorry letter they told us the odds came out at 6.4>1 but not one of the 7 guys got the draw?? Begs the question, where did those tags actually go??
    Every one of those guys had 6.4:1 odds. If one guy had 7 entries, the odds would have been different, but the odds don't apply to the group, they apply to the individual. Frustrating, I agree, but, that's how a lottery works. Heck, dad and I put in for a moose draw once that had 1.2:1 odds...both of us didn't get it. But he screwed up a few years back and didn't join the group....still got drawn as an individual.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.