Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Leh

Re: Leh

I agree with you there, it'll screw a lot of of people over in a lot of ways

and half of that time the site will be crashed from so many people being on it at once..i will be putting in right away and not leaving it to the last minute...I think I know where but we need to be sure as I am thinking this years long trip will be in more than one region...like say 4 hours NE for mules then 4 hours SE for WT then 4 hours home to make 2 8 hour drive hunting trips into 1 12 hour drive loop/trip with 2 camping spots
    Quote Originally Posted by jshansen View Post
    Brutal. I don't think anything will surprise me anymore this this government. If the leh does open up, what will they give us? A week to put in?

Quote Originally Posted by jshansen View Post
    I agree with you there, it'll screw a lot of of people over in a lot of ways
    I dont think the govt gives a fiddlers f@#$ about screwing over resident hunters. We are typically not the ones that vote for them. This is govt using resident hunter opportunity as a bargining chip in a game none of us are invited to play in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron.C View Post
    I dont think the govt gives a fiddlers f@#$ about screwing over resident hunters. We are typically not the ones that vote for them. This is govt using resident hunter opportunity as a bargining chip in a game none of us are invited to play in.
    Agreed. Sad and frustrating to watch our opportunities slip away, we are definetley at the bottom of the priority barrel
    If you are not wet, cold, and have sore legs, you're not blacktail hunting.

Checked today and still closed... sad
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Quote Originally Posted by Ron.C View Post
    Hmm, I don't think it's that Government doesn't care. It might be equally as much, that resident hunters continue to place a ton of value on the success of LEH and in doing so, Government "assume" resident hunters are happy with LEH. In my conversations with Gov staff, they aren't always clear in their understand about residents preference, GOS over LEH. They often feel (speaking in generalities) that hunters prefer staggered LEH lottery odds of a 2 to 4 week period over a GOS. And over a GOS that may be much shorter in duration. In many cases, Government are only doing what they think residents are willing to accept.

JT,

My comments were in response to the potential changes to reg 6/7 moose and caribou. And I stand by my comment. At the end of the day I dont think govt cares what resident hunters think. Really doesnt matter what we are willing to accept. I may be wrong( wouldnt be the first time) but I have no faith that our govt see's any measureable value in providing fair non FN resident hunting opportunity. And to be clear, by govt Im talking the politicians, not those who work in the fish/wildlife departments.

Was like the "interim" griz hunt. Everyone knew it was over at that point regardless of what resident hunters thought.

I expect we will see see more "interim" measures for reg 6/7 moose and bou. I suspect the longterm solution will not be favourable for resident hunters.

My wife says Im wrong all the time, here's hoping she's correct (again)
    Last edited by Ron.C; 05-19-2022 at 11:13 AM.

Friend of mine spoke with his MLA today, apparently there will be an announcement on the 7b proposal this morning

Quote Originally Posted by Fella View Post
    Friend of mine spoke with his MLA today, apparently there will be an announcement on the 7b proposal this morning
    thanks for the heads up, I just rushed out to get some lube before hand, so it hurts less..
    went in my first region 7 hunt last year, didn’t tag a moose or elk but saw more moose than ever before and the biggest bull elk I’ve laid eyes on.. we were seeing a half dozen moose a day at least.. handful of spikers… just generally lots of moose….

just checked...still says this

Wildlife data collection and decisions supporting Limited Entry Hunting (LEH) are ongoing. The opening date for 2022 Fall LEH applications will be announced as soon as possible. Please check back here for updates.

The 2022/23 LEH synopsis will be available on or before the opening date for 2022 Fall LEH applications.