Quote Originally Posted by srthomas75 View Post
I would read that as though 13 people entered that draw. [ 2 tags at 6.4:1 ] but for some reason I didn't think they posted the draw odds on the results paper that they mailed out. Or am I not remembering that part correctly.
They usually tell you what the odds ended up being, the odds in the paper are from the previous year. That is the way I read it too, I think it would be nice to have access to more detailed information. The stories from guys like Redthies are far too common and they shouldn't be, people will say that is just how a lottery works and applying multiple years won't give you a better chance of drawing, but that doesn't take into account the probability of that happening. Take an example of a dice, 6 sides, a 1 in 6 odds, how many rolls would you expect it to take before you hit the number you were after? I think there are adjustments they could make to our current system to spread the wealth around a bit more so applicants didn't have to wait a lifetime to win a draw [in a lot of the draws].