Quote Originally Posted by stoneramhunter View Post
I live up to my name and this is not emotion based. As is stated i was referring to "easy access to some areas" Since you brought up driving, in regards to moose when they opened up the husky rd by sikanni the first year it was an absolute slaughter on moose and continued to be easy to bag a moose but to a lesser degree each year till we are where we are today hit and miss in the area. that' s a no brainer . All the access roads around pink mountain another area. Nevis valley another area. i could go on and on but im only referencing easy access spots. I don't pretend to have a solution but there may come a time when it will be rotating zones of hunting to give some areas a chance to recover. if not we could see on going limited entry that could very well go on for years denying a chance to some to never getting a chance to hunt moose and or other species.
Regulated hunting with an antler restriction is not the "problem" up here. Moose are doing fine in most areas of the Peace. We don't need to go to LEH. This is pure social management.

We already have access closures on the easy access spots. It's the slow death by a thousand cuts as the government, with a big push by the FN, has slowly closed MU's during the rut, forcing tax payer licensed hunters into smaller and smaller areas. With no rational reasons, they closed the east side of the hwy from Oct 1-15. Now we have most of the Peace closed Oct 1-15.

You think we should add more closures???

It is not resident hunters who impact moose in the Peace...and LEH is not going to increase or make more moose.

Cheers

SS