Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need Boots

Re: Need Boots

Thank You to all who have replied so far !
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Check out meindl Dovre MFS wide at Alpinestart in Vancouver.

check with them before heading there as stock is low.
    They are a meindl dealer

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    Good to know about what your doctor told you Keta ! Does Melinda’s have their own store ?
    Arctic Lake
    Don't know who carries them on the lower mainland. Good boots are very subjective. Everyone's feet are different. Try a few different makes on and try to get somebody that knows about fitting them. Be sure to ask about return policy. Generally if you take them home and only wear them indoors if they start to not feel right you can return them but clarify that first. I've only ever tried Kennetreks and Meindls and while the Kennetreks were good and lasted as long as my Meindls they were about a 95% as far as fit goes(for MY feet) compared to the Meindls. I can't say I regretted buying them but wasn't upset when I retired them.
    "Bullshit doesn't need to be countered by anything, just called out for what it is." Edward Teach

Have you tried taking the boots you have to a shoe repair outfit and having the bunion area stretched out? Or even purchasing a stretching unit yourself...I have had luck doing this with shoes and boots.

I use Scarpa, which won’t help you because they are narrow, but don’t buy gore-tex if you can find high quality leather boots that fit. As long as you look after them, they will be as waterproof as gore-tex and last longer. I’ve been told that Italian boots are typically narrow, so maybe give meindl a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Treed View Post
    I use Scarpa, which won’t help you because they are narrow, but don’t buy gore-tex if you can find high quality leather boots that fit. As long as you look after them, they will be as waterproof as gore-tex and last longer. I’ve been told that Italian boots are typically narrow, so maybe give meindl a try.
    Yup, scarpa’s are a narrow fitting boot.
    As I’ve aged, Boots are seemingly more narrow, or my feet are getting wider.

Quote Originally Posted by Treed View Post
    Last longer than goretex boots? I have a pair of gortex boots that are over 10 years long in the tooth and still working wonderfully. Not disputing ya, can you relate the experience that brought you to that conclusion?

This is what I did but I also found a online code for an additional 10% off at checkout.

Quote Originally Posted by Sitkaspruce View Post
    Not sure how they fit, but Marks now sells Crispi Boots.

It seems they have a 25% off sale about every other day, so go see of they fit, then wait for them to go on sale. They are owned by CT, so don't worry about the price, they will go on sale.

https://www.marks.com/en/men/shoes/h...x4=brand;lvp=1

Cheers

SS
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.

MEC has a great return policy. Or used to at least. No questions asked.

I have wide feet so Rocky Boots online filled the bill with camo hunting nonslip EE boots and EE knee high waterproof Snakeboots. Great fit with room for heavy socks too! Comfy & dry. Much cheaper than Cabela’s or Red Wing.