Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need Boots

Need Boots

So I have quite a large bunion on my left big toe . I have a couple threads on the condition but have decided to postpone surgery for the time being .

Having said that I’m looking at buying new hiking boots as the two pairs I have are killing me !

Im thinking on a pair of wide fitting Keens or Hanwag Bunion boots .

I live in Greater Vancouver . Where is your go to place for the best boot fitting store ?

Im not too sure about MEC

Is Valhalla any good ? Which store would you recommend Vancouver or Abbotsford ?
    Any others ?
    Thank You !
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Need Boots

not familiar with the hanwag bunion boots, but for wide feet I would try on a set of wide kenetreks....best fitting boot i've put on, and if you measure your foot on a brannock, they can give you accurate sizing over the phone, also great service if you are ever travelling through PG
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

I bought a pair of Hanwag s last year from valhala I found the store in Abby much better than the Van store and ended up buying my boots in Abby.Saying all that I received great service and sizing at Fjallraven in Van but they didn't have the Hanwag s I was after in my size.

VPO in Abbotsford is excellent. Hanwags are great boots.
    WSSBC
    CCFR

Sounds like a straight forward answer if a surgery will fix the problem
    Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC

The surgeon told me this . “ You should only opt for surgery if you have tried all other options and can’t take the pain any longer “ If you have the surgery and have lasting side effects you will be miserable “ Best to try all options first.
    I have upgraded my orthotics and that has been an improvement , but my boots are too narrow
    Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by high horse Hal View Post
    Sounds like a straight forward answer if a surgery will fix the problem

I have a bunion on my left foot behind the left toe. Have to pairs of Meindl the short one with the leather liner(Burma?) And just bought theDovre extremes. Both work well with the bunion. By the way my Doc told me the same thing.
    "Bullshit doesn't need to be countered by anything, just called out for what it is." Edward Teach

Not sure how they fit, but Marks now sells Crispi Boots.

It seems they have a 25% off sale about every other day, so go see of they fit, then wait for them to go on sale. They are owned by CT, so don't worry about the price, they will go on sale.

https://www.marks.com/en/men/shoes/h...x4=brand;lvp=1

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

Quote Originally Posted by Sitkaspruce View Post
    Not sure how they fit, but Marks now sells Crispi Boots.

It seems they have a 25% off sale about every other day, so go see of they fit, then wait for them to go on sale. They are owned by CT, so don't worry about the price, they will go on sale.

https://www.marks.com/en/men/shoes/h...x4=brand;lvp=1

Cheers

SS
    Holy $hit! I thought my Hanwags were expensive.

Good to know about what your doctor told you Keta ! Does Meindl have their own store ?
    Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by Keta1969 View Post
    I have a bunion on my left foot behind the left toe. Have to pairs of Meindl the short one with the leather liner(Burma?) And just bought theDovre extremes. Both work well with the bunion. By the way my Doc told me the same thing.
    Last edited by Arctic Lake; 04-02-2022 at 08:16 AM.