Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sleeping Cots - do you use them?

Re: Sleeping Cots - do you use them?

Yeah I have the cabelas xl tall or what ever it is. It’s massive! But well so am I. I’m 6.5 so it comes in handle.
    I support PETA!
    People Eating Tasty Animals!

Cots are a must in a wall tent for comfort. During the day you can stack them if you need more room in the tent. I use a 4" medium density foam on mine

I have never looked back since getting one...used to put a couple of wool army blankets under but switched to a memory foam as they are so dense that they do not let any heat through...perfect in the nasty cold

Never felt the need for expense or the extra clutter when hauling camp, especially when you need to add a foamie for comfort anyways
    We just use plywood sheets on firewood rounds, height as required
    Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC

Quote Originally Posted by Sitkaspruce View Post
    Cabelas extra lg cot with the side organizer and cot tree. Helps with organization of your stuff.

I sleep with a therma rest on top and, to stop the cold from below, I put all my extra stuff like duffle bag, totes etc under the cot to reduce the cold air.

Cheers

SS
    Same exact setup, except I "we " also have the cabelas foam mattress. Nice and comfy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sitkaspruce View Post
    Cabelas extra lg cot with the side organizer and cot tree. Helps with organization of your stuff.

I sleep with a therma rest on top and, to stop the cold from below, I put all my extra stuff like duffle bag, totes etc under the cot to reduce the cold air.

Cheers

SS
    same as SS..incredibly well put together...holds plenty of weight the rifle/odds n ends holder off the side plus the foamy makes it very comfortable and saves getting up off the ground at night with the associated groans...lol..i left my coat hanger assembly at a lake and actually do miss it.
    highly recomended unit..havnt seen one better actually..
    steven

Tried the cabelas and army cots...no thanks. Now, the Camp Time Roll a Cot - you bet! Add a thermarest and it's fantastic.

Im sure most wont believe me, but it's true. I carry a cot in 5 km into my spike camp. every november.
    WSSBC Life Member

I use a fairly plain cot (Grizzly brand that Princess Auto had cheap a few years back) with my Thermarest on top. Works well for me in the wall tent, snowmobile trips to the cabin…

My only real complaint is that the cot is camo, and my thermarest is blue, so the colours kinda clash. It’s never kept me awake at night though.
    Pretend hunter.

^^

My US Army cots are as tight as drum, and take a lever (12" spike tent peg) to roll snap together. I had even shortened the side bars to make it easier. Commercial one are much easier to put together. The 4" foam was from Surplus Herby's I think. But foam stores have camping foam as well. In serious cold, I have used a blue foamy under the foam as well. I didn't have a wall tent and wood stove in those days.

Twenty years ago I was too old to sleep on the ground.