Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sleeping Cots - do you use them?

Sleeping Cots - do you use them?

Do you use cots when doing a base camp setup with wall-tent or tipi? If so, which ones?

And yes I just realized I have a typo in the title, let the dad jokes roll in
    Last edited by Gateholio; 03-27-2022 at 05:35 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Sleeping Cods - do you use them?

Myself and all my hunting buddies use them I have the basic woods brand one if I remember correctly it was 70$

US Army surplus and a 4" foam.

When we went from sleeping on pads and foam to cots the tenting world improved 500%, get a sturdy one that isn't to narrow or slippery and you will love it. No more worries about water seeping under the tent is another bonus.

Darn tootin'. Off the deck is the way to go if you can. Mine's a standard cheapo, Woods I think, purchased at Chinese Tire. Add a foam pad my ex sewed up ages ago from some strong green fabric. Wish I could get my hot little hands on the ones I slept on in the Forces, they were sturdy.

Last edited by mike31154; 03-27-2022 at 04:25 PM.

Re: Sleeping Cots - do you use them?

I have a Cabelas one that is their biggest model. It's not as good as their older models. But if you are going to use a wall tent I dont' see why you wouldn't want a cot too. I put a foamy on top of it and Bartell fluffs my pillow before bedtime every night.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

We use army cots , but when my Dad turned 75 we bought him the large one from cabelas I believe it’s 43 inches wide then he put a 3 inch high quality foam on it we were all very jealous.

Cabelas extra lg cot with the side organizer and cot tree. Helps with organization of your stuff.

I sleep with a therma rest on top and, to stop the cold from below, I put all my extra stuff like duffle bag, totes etc under the cot to reduce the cold air.

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

Friend has this type with a 1.5” self inflatable pad I was very comfortable. So I got one.
    No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.

Two years ago on our deer hunt we slept in a wall tent that my buddy had just purchased he also bought Cabelas large cots.
    I had the greatest sleep every night !
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !