Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Whats the strangest thing youve found or seen in the back country?

Re: Whats the strangest thing youve found or seen in the back country?

Quote Originally Posted by KBC View Post
    Found some old machinery that wasn't so strange the other day. What was strange was the assortment of sporting goods someone had left on top of it...

Thats pretty strange! Golf clubs?
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Quote Originally Posted by TeeVee View Post
    Smoke another and re read what you posted.
    Maybe you should STOP SMOKING it and reread everything. Nothing wrong with what I posted. I said I’ve run cats for a very long time and never heard a cat blade make a noise like that in response to the previously quoted post saying that his snowcat made noises like that. Sorry if comprehension is difficult for you…
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Quote Originally Posted by high horse Hal View Post
    i'm going to go with a grader scraping hard surface, maybe frozen or concrete or?

As soon as I heard it, I thought of the sound a snowcat blade makes when scraping an ice road. Usually a serated cutting edge but when the ice is cold and hard and at slow speed trying to plane things smooth, the blade sets up a similar howling sound, just the right harmonics and it is loud. Think of a 4 meter tuning fork
    I re-quoted Hal’s post to save you some gray matter teevee.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    Maybe you should STOP SMOKING it and reread everything. Nothing wrong with what I posted. I said I’ve run cats for a very long time and never heard a cat blade make a noise like that in response to the previously quoted post saying that his snowcat made noises like that. Sorry if comprehension is difficult for you…
    You said you've run a snowcat for years I get it...Not here to prove a point. I have 3 graders and 3 dozers that I deal with...like I said roll another.

I saw a black hornet take a big horse fly out of the air like a fighter jet, after a very brief struggle to kill it the hornet flew up to branch with it and hung upside down by 1 leg and ate half of it and then flew away. Wish I was that tough!

Had a bad winter for winter ticks on moose this year and I saw a murder of ravines absolutely trying to bombard a live yearling moose while an adult moose tried violently to chase them off as they ran from them through a farm field. Pretty sad. Came across a few significant scab/ hair/ blood clumps in moose beds this spring, so disgusting and so sad. What a way to go.
    If the world is warming why are there so many new snowflakes?

If we are all equal why do you demand special treatment?

You can not comply your way out of tyranny.

Fire them ALL!

Quote Originally Posted by Husky7mm View Post
    I saw a black hornet take a big horse fly out of the air like a fighter jet, after a very brief struggle to kill it the hornet flew up to branch with it and hung upside down by 1 leg and ate half of it and then flew away. Wish I was that tough!
    cabin entertainment is rich sometimes. We were in a cabin with 2 translucent panels in the roof for light, horseflies used to group up there trying to get out. On occasion a wasp would fly in through the door and grab one out of the air, then perch and proceed to field dress it we called it, bite off the head, wings and legs before flying off with the body
    Last edited by high horse Hal; 11-15-2022 at 09:09 PM.
    Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC

KBC, is that a homemade crawler or skidder of some sort ?
    Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC

It wouldn’t surprise me if it was. There were what looked like trailer tires to run the tracks and I could just see the top of an old school metal jerry can that was bolted down through the ice in the cab area. It looked like it was there as maybe an oil reservoir or something. I’m going to go back next year after the snow is gone to take a look.
    It was in the woods about 100 yards from a fresh cut block in a gated area at the end of an old trail I found with lots of collapsed small hiking bridges.

Bumping this one. Anyone got any odd stories this season? Heard a story about a guy who won’t venture in to an area of region 3 anymore because he saw what was described as a “portal” Wish it wasn’t a friend of a friend situation because I’d love to hear directly from the guy what he thinks he saw

Strangest thing I have found is a small grave complete with decorative fencing around it. There was a small letter with his story and a picture. Apparently he loved hunting those hills as much as I did. That was a cool find.

The weirdest thing that has happened to me is a little bird landed on my head once. I was sitting very still by a stump. So still that the bird mistook my head for a stump. I could feel it’s little talons digging into my scalp.