Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats the strangest thing youve found or seen in the back country?

Re: Whats the strangest thing youve found or seen in the back country?

x2 on the tampons for scent.
    MM

Quote Originally Posted by jlirot View Post
    Posting pix on here sucks for me.

I found a tampon last year - up on a ridge....
    Open up https://postimages.org/ then click “choose images”, then (obviously) choose your image from your photos. It will upload and give you a list of options. 3rd from the bottom is “hot link for forums”. Click the blue icon at the far right of that choice and then paste in your post here.

Please don’t post photos of tampons…

Bus below is fairly close to a road, so not really “in the woods” but there is no easy way to have gotten it where it is, so I’ll post it as an example of how easy it is to put up photos.

If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

A jade claim hole.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

That cribbing looks like it’s on its last legs . Is there any money in Jade ? Do you need a prospecting license ?Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by tigrr View Post
    A jade claim hole.
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)][/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]This buck was taken with a bow by a friend a few years ago.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]It is not possible to be officially scored.
    This was an old buck and the hormones were such the previous years antlers could not be shed.

[/COLOR]

fozzy is offline hunting 4 a decent Mulie

Hunting in Sooke many years ago came across a set of false teeth sitting on a stump, made me laugh. Somewhere someone was likely questioning their spouse, (where's my teeth)?

Wasp musta thought it was a caterpiller

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    Bentwrench said that the video depicts the SAME sound, not that it was his video. He clearly states that they heard the noise in region 2-8 (Vancouver to Squamish and over to Harrison/Stave area) in November of 2019 or 2020. The video clearly shows it was filmed in Terrace in August of 2013, so there is no point in saying there is pavement in the video.

Given the area covered by 2-8, there is a crap ton of logging going on. I’m still betting it was an excavator scraping rock for blasting. Those machines have lights, and if a road building contract was behind schedule, an operator could easily be burning the midnight oil. That type of noise would travel a lot farther than the engine noise or lights of a hoe.
    i'm going to go with a grader scraping hard surface, maybe frozen or concrete or?
    As soon as I heard it, I thought of the sound a snowcat blade makes when scraping an ice road. Usually a serated cutting edge but when the ice is cold and hard and at slow speed trying to plane things smooth, the blade sets up a similar howling sound, just the right harmonics and it is loud. Think of a 4 meter tuning fork
    Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC

Quote Originally Posted by high horse Hal View Post
    i'm going to go with a grader scraping hard surface, maybe frozen or concrete or?
    As soon as I heard it, I thought of the sound a snowcat blade makes when scraping an ice road. Usually a serated cutting edge but when the ice is cold and hard and at slow speed trying to plane things smooth, the blade sets up a similar howling sound, just the right harmonics and it is loud. Think of a 4 meter tuning fork
    I have close to 20,000 hours in snow cats (started running Thiokols and LMCs 34 years ago) and I’ve never heard a sound like that come off a cat blade. Where do you run cats? Must be some crazy ass snow conditions!
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Lots of cars in places I have no idea how they even got there. Once I found a tent that had a burn hole through it still smoking. I ran up yelling fire and asking if they were ok. No one was around and then I noticed kids toys and stuffed animals in a circle around a stump. This was 20-30 km up the bush and then down a deer trail. No one was there.