Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats the strangest thing youve found or seen in the back country?

Re: Whats the strangest thing youve found or seen in the back country?

Quote Originally Posted by stosto View Post
    While set up in my blind a few years back, i had an outdoor enthusiast (not a hunter) strip naked in front of me (~50 m). Older fat *******, good for him enjoying the sun, but why couldn't it be a hot, young gal. An awkward session for me, but he didn't linger for long.
    That sure wouldn't make your day! LOL .

My buddy and I one night in the late 70's decided to cut thru Central Park in Burnaby coming from a party. In middle of park we came upon a big group of cloaked, weirdos in a circle and some along the path just standing there. We ran like hell and got outa there. Freaky.

A 2018 BMW I-7 with bald all season tires stuffed in the ditch, idling in reverse 86K up Hilltout FSR (middle of nowhere is an understatement closest landmark is Nadina Lake)
    No driver to be found. The tracks in 4" of snow leading from the vehicle where snowed in and headed UP the road about 3K until they made an abrupt right turn down a old overgrown road.

That's not the strange part...

We did find the driver on the next road network over. Approximately 8-10K from the vehicle.

He was wearing sneakers, pyjama bottoms and a bath robe with the gangsta gold chain and ball cap at 1/4 lock (no shirt or socks) Apparently he had been stuck since 9:00pm or so the night previous.

Edit: to 4" snow from 6"
    Last edited by westcoaster; 11-01-2022 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deer_Slayer View Post
    My buddy and I one night in the late 70's decided to cut thru Central Park in Burnaby coming from a party. In middle of park we came upon a big group of cloaked, weirdos in a circle and some along the path just standing there. We ran like hell and got outa there. Freaky.
    They do it in cliff park in Maple Ridge too writing symbolism on the paths.

Some weird satanic/occult/cult stuff, my buddy ran when he came across them too

Quote Originally Posted by kolofardos View Post
    Deer hunting near Chasm about 25 years ago saw a half dozen huge birds in a meadow that I swear were emus.
    There was some emus east of chasm at that time. Buddy saw them I thought BS then I saw them a few days later.

Not so much something weird ive seen but its what i heard.... Let me tell you i was sh!tting bricks! Cold night in November about 2 or 3 years back an there was a wind storm, i was in Reg 2-8 an heard this unearthly sound that shook me an my buddies up, we've searched ever since then for answers to what it was but no avail.

https://youtu.be/FHi6LjKuNl4 This sound is 100% what we heard.
    There was nothing around us for over 30kms so what was it?

Anyone else here ever hear this sound?

I drove home that night at 4 in the morning still shaking. hahhaha i know what a whimp right!

Quote Originally Posted by bentwrench;[URL="tel:2369615"
    2369615[/URL]]Not so much something weird ive seen but its what i heard.... Let me tell you i was sh!tting bricks! Cold night in November about 2 or 3 years back an there was a wind storm, i was in Reg 2-8 an heard this unearthly sound that shook me an my buddies up, we've searched ever since then for answers to what it was but no avail.

I drove home that night at 4 in the morning still shaking. hahhaha i know what a whimp right!
    crazy! Massive bull elk?
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Quote Originally Posted by bentwrench View Post
    Not so much something weird ive seen but its what i heard.... Let me tell you i was sh!tting bricks! Cold night in November about 2 or 3 years back an there was a wind storm, i was in Reg 2-8 an heard this unearthly sound that shook me an my buddies up, we've searched ever since then for answers to what it was but no avail.

Just watched the video, thats a f***in weird sound dude!

Maybe it was some weird HAARP/weather mod noises.

Or a sasquatch, even though I have never seen or heard anything that would even slightly indicate to me they exist. But a lot of people swear they do that spend more time in the bush than me and I spend quite a bit, would you say it was something with lungs making it? Or some sound from the storm, or mechanical?
    Last edited by TheObserver; 11-02-2022 at 09:01 PM.

Way out in the bush with nothing and nobody around it can not be a train or some other big equipment.
    Steve how to hunt channel on youtube talks about sasquatch and other weird creatures, so who knows?
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

Listening to that actually gave me goose bumps/made my hair stand a bit, thats a weird f***in sound dude!