Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats the strangest thing youve found or seen in the back country?

Re: Whats the strangest thing youve found or seen in the back country?

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    Damn, that is disgusting. Why kill something if you're not going to recover it?
    True but also why even shoot it when its not even close to being legal.

Went goat hunting with some friends took them to a spot i like looked like some one had driving up the road the day before. We got to where we start hiking and made our
    way to first basin but no goats crossed into second basin still no goats I thought weird maybe others had been in the day before. I said we can check out the next ridge and
    see, its a wide open shale spot that drops to some trees along the bluffs, as we get to it can see a goat through the trees at top of bluffs I say we will drop down and around
    to get a look, as we can see more I say we can quit sneaking around the goat is all ready dead. We walk up to the dead goat a nice nanny, can see it had been shot the day before.
    We look around and find boot tracks and follow them up the hill can see where they had sat and shot from. Strange thing 2 different caliber shell casings laying there.

Quote Originally Posted by msawyer View Post
    While working on a wildlife survey (flying in a helicopter) I looked down and saw a small clearing that had what appeared to be 30 to 40 dead moose carcasses scattered about. With respect to the moose carcasses, it turned out this was a dump site for animals killed on the local highways...
    Guessing you were flying just east of Hixon, BC ?

Cool Re: Whats the strangest thing youve found or seen in the back country?

The Booby thing reminded me of this fun time...

A Buddy & I were canoe adventure guides on the Churchill River in Northern Saskatchewan when we were young. The task we were are at was to explore and develop a new route, investigate the required portages, and rate the loop as for required experience to handle it.

We were a couple days in when we heard some merry singing, and watched as three canoes slid around the corner in the lake we were on. Turned out those three canoes were "manned" by two gals in each, wearing nothing but sandals and bikini bottoms. They were entirely unabashed and did not cover anything when we approached.

It turned out they were all some kind of girl guide adventure leaders, doing pretty much what we were, We suggested we might all benefit from sharing our knowledge and resources together, to which they smilingly agreed.

The next five days were really Interesting...

Oh to be that damn young & fit again...

Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by browningboy View Post
    Wish I would encounter that, defineatley wouldn’t avoid them.
    I was happily attached at the time, but perhaps when I'm old and telling stories in the retirement home I'll juice up the details a bit lol

and I mean, not everybody needed a closer look....I was a young man back then, was not used to seeing em with that mileage....

it was a very interesting mix of ladies, birthday party, bachelorette party maybe, no clue how that comes together
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

hmmm for someone today it was the STOLEN rescue truck out of Williams Lake...
    hmm but dont despair....the INTERLAKES HWY24 rescue truck..also BRAND NEW was stolen and is still MIA..so there is still time for discoveries while assholes walk among us .
    no news yet on damage..missing gear..or where it was found.
    Steven

What a little prick........ that wasp was.

Mapping the area for their superiors back in communist China.

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    hmmm for someone today it was the STOLEN rescue truck out of Williams Lake...
    hmm but dont despair....the INTERLAKES HWY24 rescue truck..also BRAND NEW was stolen and is still MIA..so there is still time for discoveries while assholes walk among us .
    no news yet on damage..missing gear..or where it was found.
    Steven
    West of town of course.

While set up in my blind a few years back, i had an outdoor enthusiast (not a hunter) strip naked in front of me (~50 m). Older fat *******, good for him enjoying the sun, but why couldn't it be a hot, young gal. An awkward session for me, but he didn't linger for long.