Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Govt lies about moose hunting in Peace

Re: Govt lies about moose hunting in Peace

"wildlife co-management efforts, including moose management through licensed hunter restrictions to support population recovery."
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

Is it the Elected chief who have no agreement or the Hereditary chiefs?

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    "wildlife co-management efforts, including moose management through licensed hunter restrictions to support population recovery."
    I might be moving up to the Peace next year or the year after, this is one reason why I would be reluctant though. But of course they will continue with their agenda and eventually it will spread to every region and species.

300 million for Blueberry FN

Buckle up, this is just the start of a very slippery slope that there will be no return....

We were just told today that the REST of Treaty 8 will be settled in the next couple weeks..... Bands that never went to court, never sued the Government, yet will now receive a settlement.

I fully agree with the court decision about the rape and pillage of the land by all users, but now we will all pay for it and so will our kids and grand kids. The bad thing, is that the companies who profited the most; oil and gas and forestry, will not be paying a thing......

Alberta Treaty 8 are already lining up to the trough in Alberta and the McLeod FN are now next up to the trough as they have already started negotiations.

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

We as Hunters are screwed in this province...
    Nowhere to move to though, it will be this way in every province moving forward
    Trudeau is a Neya Noonan Utim Tugeye

Quote Originally Posted by eric View Post
    We as Hunters are screwed in this province...
    Nowhere to move to though, it will be this way in every province moving forward
    The only way around it is pushback, examples being cutting gates if they start to gate everything, using the 2021 synopsis before the closures. There would need to be large numbers that would take part so they get overwhelmed and they have no choice but to backpeddal.
    Last edited by TheObserver; 01-25-2023 at 07:05 PM.

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/407...-First-Nations

"The province also anticipates the First Nations will share more than $200 million in royalty revenues from oil and gas development this year. Further negotiations will set out a new fiscal framework for revenue sharing with the bands."

"Meanwhile, the province has also committed to protecting another 250,000 hectares for land conservation to address the nations’ various interests for caribou recover, water quality, wildlife management, and cultural practices."

"The province has also committed to developing plans to eliminate aerial herbicide use, supporting cultural land burning, and creating a regional wildlife working group with the nations and stakeholders to monitor animal populations, predators, and hunting regulations.
    Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC

Quote Originally Posted by TheObserver View Post
    The only way around it is pushback, examples being cutting gates if they start to gate everything, using the 2021 synopsis before the closures. There would need to be large numbers that would take part so they get overwhelmed and they have no choice but to backpeddal.

I know pipe dream lol
    When the process is about creating fear -through loss- and then identifying someone to blame for it, the end result is never as good as it might be.
    Change is inevitable. It's unfortunate some people who have been impacted resort to undermining and inflaming the relationship.

There are a lot of people, as most of you know, working to minimize the impact of these new land use decisions. This isn't just about the NDP. The provincial Liberals are largely on board with this as well.

Regional Wildlife Committees are being set up. The focus is on wildlife. NOT your opportunity to hunt. Science will tell us, hunting is not the reason wildlife populations trend down, but the lack of refrain toward inflammatory comments by some in the hunting community definitely does not help. When populations reach target objectives, we can discuss how to divide the pie.

Activities on the land, will be different going forward. Accept it. The new old growth strategy is an example. Let's work to do the best we can at controlling the outcome. We do need to have modified harvest practices with our logging industry. We do need to modify how we utilize the backcountry. From an industrial and recreational perspective. Eco-tourism, helicopter flights (over goat range), sleds in the winter, ORV's in the dry season. All displace wildlife. If we care about wildlife....

No one user group should be disallowed access, but we should become more aware of the impact of our footprint and presence in an area.

Regardless of the current decisions and political ebb and flow, there are people who are working their assess off to ensure a future for wildlife and a future for nature with us in it. The Federal Nature Agreement is coming...

Being positional and stubborn, demanding a return to what used to be, is not going to accomplish anything positive. Let's work to acknowledge reconciliation, discuss our human footprint, monitor mechanized disturbance, introduce burn management and find modifications to our approach on the land that can be more acceptable. And ensure a future.

Quote Originally Posted by J_T View Post
    When the process is about creating fear -through loss- and then identifying someone to blame for it, the end result is never as good as it might be.
    Change is inevitable. It's unfortunate some people who have been impacted resort to undermining and inflaming the relationship.

There are a lot of people, as most of you know, working to minimize the impact of these new land use decisions. This isn't just about the NDP. The provincial Liberals are largely on board with this as well.

Regional Wildlife Committees are being set up. The focus is on wildlife. NOT your opportunity to hunt. Science will tell us, hunting is not the reason wildlife populations trend down, but the lack of refrain toward inflammatory comments by some in the hunting community definitely does not help. When populations reach target objectives, we can discuss how to divide the pie.

Activities on the land, will be different going forward. Accept it. The new old growth strategy is an example. Let's work to do the best we can at controlling the outcome. We do need to have modified harvest practices with our logging industry. We do need to modify how we utilize the backcountry. From an industrial and recreational perspective. Eco-tourism, helicopter flights (over goat range), sleds in the winter, ORV's in the dry season. All displace wildlife. If we care about wildlife....

No one user group should be disallowed access, but we should become more aware of the impact of our footprint and presence in an area.

Regardless of the current decisions and political ebb and flow, there are people who are working their assess off to ensure a future for wildlife and a future for nature with us in it. The Federal Nature Agreement is coming...

Being positional and stubborn, demanding a return to what used to be, is not going to accomplish anything positive. Let's work to acknowledge reconciliation, discuss our human footprint, monitor mechanized disturbance, introduce burn management and find modifications to our approach on the land that can be more acceptable. And ensure a future.
    Not only are we not on the same page, but we're not even in the same book on this lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TheObserver View Post
    Not only are we not on the same page, but we're not even in the same book on this lol.
    Help me understand more about your perspective and what you see as a logical solution. How involved are you in current Government strategy and policy thinking? I'm not clear on your primary objective.
    Thanks