Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Govt lies about moose hunting in Peace

Re: Govt lies about moose hunting in Peace

I dont think any hunters are willing to accept the loss of our hunting rightswithout a fight. I dont think gun owners are willing to accept the loss of their guns. The govt will take everything we have if we do not stand up and fight for our rights. If we do not fight back the govt will think we dont care and just keep taking from us.

My perspective is I did not trust the government before 2020, and after the last 3 years I will actively do what I can to not help them in any way and I will never bat an eye of an ounce of trust their way ever again. I also vehemently do not trust the indian territories and governments whether hereditary or planted chiefs, I have friends who are Indians and live on reserves and they tell me about the corruption and conditions. Basically what is going on with undrip and indian stewardship is they are going to be used as pawns for the state and organizations like the united nations creating massive division in the process at the behest of the indians considering on the grand scale they are so few in numbers, when really we should be banding together because they will lose their rights as well after some time and as the definition of indigenous gets changed as it already has from previous label aboriginal by the government and UN. Both me, and also my friends who you could say are somewhat on the inside have drawn the same conclusions. My primary objective is for me and other Canadians to be able to legally Hunt and have access to the land that my great grandparents and grandparents fought for and I am eronomously taxed for.

You have to understand that many many many Men have zero trust or patience with a lot of the governments plans at this point. The writing is on the wall they don't want you fending for yourself, definitely don't want you and your family eating healthy and being strong and smart, and they definitely definitely do not want you having the means to defend yourself.

This rosy facade of "this is how things are going to go in the future" is not realistic as nobody knows exactly how things will play out, as you may be aware there are major events going on in the world right now and from what I understand this country may be headed into another great depression or even an economic collapse so who really knows whats in store, events like this may throw some wrenches in the "plans".

Like were done dude, they can only push people so far.

That's my take.
    Last edited by TheObserver; 01-26-2023 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    It seems the Blueberry band had no hand in this plan, wondering if the BCWF or someone else will apply for an injunction to stop the proposed changes???

https://www.alaskahighwaynews.ca/for...IjXUYr7QSxykpE
    Facts as I know them...
    Blueberry took the government to the supreme court and claimed that their hunting heritage was being infringed upon by big industry changing the landscape (oil and gas not restoring well sites and cutting seismic lines). Government argued that was not the case. Government lost. So their reaction was to remove hunting competition hoping that would satisfy the FN's rather than imposing regulations and forcing industry to put the landscape back to original condition...
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    I can think of a couple of people that would do something like that, especially if they were in their cups. Where is Dewey anyway?
    I am right here, at home in Creston, B.C. I do not get into my cups and have not for nearly 40 years, various health issues, you see.

However, I am not surprised by your ignorant, inchoate comment, but, I have learned to expect such drivel from certain sources............

Thumbs up Re: Govt lies about moose hunting in Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Darksith View Post
    Facts as I know them...
    Blueberry took the government to the supreme court and claimed that their hunting heritage was being infringed upon by big industry changing the landscape (oil and gas not restoring well sites and cutting seismic lines). Government argued that was not the case. Government lost. So their reaction was to remove hunting competition hoping that would satisfy the FN's rather than imposing regulations and forcing industry to put the landscape back to original condition...
    Pretty much accurate.

Thank the NDP...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

On the seismic line thing, like the band doesn't take advantage of those lines for hunting and trapping access. I'd almost wager that their hunting and trapping ability INCREASED because they could get to more of the territory more efficiently.

Quote Originally Posted by wetcoasthunter1 View Post
    On the seismic line thing, like the band doesn't take advantage of those lines for hunting and trapping access. I'd almost wager that their hunting and trapping ability INCREASED because they could get to more of the territory more efficiently.
    part of the FN concern is these lines increased the mobility of predators which is entirely true. To be completely blunt in this situation, when the NDP did what they did the band said that's not what we wanted. They are trying to do whats best for the land which will benefit all of us, they never attempted to attack resident hunters or decrease competition/opportunity. This is 100% the NDP trying to skirt the real issue. The liberals were no better. Industry should be returning the land to its natural state. They are a big reason for the wolf over population across this province (all big resource industry) and they have been taking too many liberties with loop holes and what not for a long time...

We aren't always on opposite sides, we need to find common ground and work together to protect what we all love, consider to be our heritage and culture, we are all on the same team in this regard or we should be anyway...

If you aren't part of the solution then you are just an old man yelling at the clouds. Get involved, join a group, volunteer some time, donate some $...get in this fight with the rest of us.
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

The government, the BC WF, the first nation groups, the Covid information officer from the government, oh yeah you can believe them all they’re really on your side, you people voted for this stuff and it’s coming down the pipe now, it will be a lot of fun for the normal society.

Quote Originally Posted by wetcoasthunter1 View Post
    That's exactly what I have thought about this whole thing, so much hunting access up north due to the seismic lines and roads that have been pushed through for gas & forestry.

Government...hmmm, what will it be NDP or Liberal? Quite frankly that is no choice at all based on the track record of both parties when it comes to our forests, and fish and wildlife. Now that everyone is so concerned about being "woke" and there has been a huge increase in trying to address the "reconciliation" issue with First Nations and meeting the "climate targets" they have agreed to, they are tripping over each other with the virtue signalling. Pathetic! Incompetence runs deep and we really need a new and improved Conservative Party in this province, because until then it will just be more and more of the same. They are killing our province on so many levels.
    Everyone is entitled to voicing an opinion, as long as it is a learned one.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.