Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Survey: Gas-fired cooking & lighting appliances.

Survey: Gas-fired cooking & lighting appliances.

Attention - Fellow Hunters & Campers!

Do you use - Gas-fired Cooking & Lighting Appliances?

If so, I humbly invite you to take a simple 10-minute survey I’ve put together.

My company, Rocky Mountain Outdoors (Victoria BC) is developing a new portable gas-fired cooking & lighting appliance, aimed at the camping trade. It’s known as - the Rocky Mountain Camp Kitchen (RMCK). My goal is to build and distribute it from right here on the South Island, creating as many local jobs as possible.

The survey also contains a 4-min PowerPoint revealing the RMCK’s basic construct.

As we tweak the final design of the prototype, this survey along with your unbiased opinion (good & bad) will help us determine what is important and what is not, what works and what doesn’t. Your feedback is priceless!

If you can find a few minutes to help with this, simply email me at the email address below and I’ll send you the survey. Simply fill it out then hit ‘send’ and it comes back to me.

It’s formatted in Google Forms, so you’ll need a Google Account (ie. gmail) to fill it out.

If you have any questions, please email/message or phone me and I’ll be happy to answer them.

Thanks for your consideration and support for my Canadian start-up.

Sincerely,
    Terry Anderson
    Rocky Mountain Outdoors Ltd.
    Mobile: 250 818 6494
    rockymountainoutdoors@telus.net

PS: Thanks to Gateholio for permission to post this!

2. Site Sponsor

Thumbs up Re: Survey: Gas-fired cooking & lighting appliances.

This is not a new member folks.
    Terry was here for quite the spell back in the day.
    Like many of us though, he couldn't recall his password, so created a new account.

I have taken the survey.
    The product is quite interesting, and I can see the potential benefit for outdoor enthusiasts.
    Worth a look if you have a minute or two...

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Re: Survey: Gas-fired cooking & lighting appliances.

Thanks Nog!
    (cheque's in the mail)

Terry

I have gone all electric with solar and lithium no need for stinky gas of any kind anymore! don't have to worry about running out of gas! cooking/lighting/fridge freezer/and heated sleeping bag so hard to get out of bed on a cold morning...
    Able to run any household gizmo will be testing out the flux core welder to see if I can run that too...
    still drive on guzaline EV just dont have the range I need yet!

I hear you Bill. Fortunately, due in good part to people like you, the world is changing and really has to change now, or the mess we're leaving for our kids and grandchildren will soon be irreconcilable. Advances in clean energy tech are happening and folks are taking notice.

However, I would argue that the overall carbon-footprint left by us campers is comparatively minuscule and certainly we all have to eat, which involves cooking... and unless we are prepared to gnaw on sticks we are basically left with 2 - options: cook on a fire, or, use camp cooking appliances. I've done and still do both. LP gas is an efficient energy source and it's also readily available and affordable.

I'll continue my push to make my new gas-fired camp-cooking appliance available to my fellow campers who enjoy cooking outdoors like I do.

I figure BC (Canada) could use a new camping camping appliance manufacturer and if the best I can muster out of this is to create a few more good jobs here on the South Island - I'll croak with a smile on my face.

I'm at 70 responses to my survey this morning - I only need 30 more to reach my target - so if any of you folks can help me and find 10 mins and take my survey I'd be much obliged. Thank-you!

Terry

Rocky Mountain Outdoors Ltd.
    Victoria BC.

I am impressed with anyone who has enough solar and batteries to run stove or oven (I use my BBQ as an oven) such as yourself Bill. That is not being sarcastic, I truly am. I can't see myself doing that anytime soon on my property let alone being portable enough to take on a hunting trip. I have enough propane to heat and cook for quite a while. Plan my trips, get them filled and never have to worry about it.

I took the survey, it is a product I could see myself using. I think anyone who spends a few weeks a year in the bush could use it as well. Heck, most people I know who camp in RV parks could use it. No one I know uses their trailer kitchens after breakfast. Think of it as an all in one vs hauling several appliances. But take a look for yourselves and take the survey.
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!

I took the survey as well, thought it was a pretty cool design
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

You guys are too kind. I am humbled.

Terry

I took the survey. Liked the look of the unit and would buy one if I just hunted from my truck. We have always done riverboat hunting and the unit for that style is just to large and heavy. Maybe when I get older and can't hunt up and down the rivers I will get one.

Definitely aimed at the drive-in 'base camp' people.

There's an RV version in the works, too. Open a hatch on the side of your rig, slide it out, stand the lantern up, turn on the gas and 'poof' you're cooking with a light on in less than a minute.

I've always thought our leisure time is way too important to be buggering around hooking stuff together to make it all work. Especially with hungry kids screaming at you. LOL.