Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PAL Renewal Info

Re: PAL Renewal Info

The first time I renewed (around 2006) it was hung up at the BC CFO office. When I called the clerk wanted to know if I really needed an RPAL. They were trying to downgrade PALs at the time. The last time I renewed (2021) it was slow but went though without issues. I didn't even need to show proof of belonging to a gun club.

When I renewed 2 yrs ago they took away my Rpal because I didn't own anymore hand guns and if I wanted to buy another one I would have to be retested. Wasn't a very good call to Maramichi when I finished my talk with them, that the next handgun would be bought on the street, phone went dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Dog View Post
    The first time I renewed (around 2006) it was hung up at the BC CFO office. When I called the clerk wanted to know if I really needed an RPAL. They were trying to downgrade PALs at the time. The last time I renewed (2021) it was slow but went though without issues. I didn't even need to show proof of belonging to a gun club.

Am I correct in thinking that a person only needs to be a member of a club if they actually own handguns, rather than just having an RPAL?
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Wow….guess I was really fortunate last year. I was 4 weeks until mine expired (4-1/2 weeks until I had a hunting trip planned) and submitted it all online. It was all back to me in a day under three weeks! Talk about a sigh of relief!!

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    hmmm mine was sent off 1 month ago...STARTING TO SHIT BRICKS....GRRRRRRR
    Srupp
    I electronically submitted mine in mid January, had it in the mail last week, painless.
    The 375 Ruger was improved the day it was necked down to 9.3 mm

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    Am I correct in thinking that a person only needs to be a member of a club if they actually own handguns, rather than just having an RPAL?
    I packed one when prospecting years ago.
    Had to be a minimum of .41 caliber.
    Super Blackhawk .44 Rem.
    Wasn't a member of a club then.
    Don't know what the rules are now

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    I have a handgun and in the past I needed to be a member of a club. Not this time. I do belong to a club so maybe they're using membership lists now.

Do it online. This day and age. Sending physical copies of anything is hit or miss if it’ll actually get there. I renewed in the first bit of Covid shutdowns. Did it online was processed and new card in my hands in just over 3 weeks

I started the clock yesterday. Printed forms in the mail... We’ll see how it goes old school.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Quote Originally Posted by mooze View Post
    I electronically submitted mine in mid January, had it in the mail last week, painless.
    I did mine online in late January as well. Just under 4 weeks in the mail, and it was painless.