Thread: Spring Canadas around Kamloops

Spring Canadas around Kamloops

I'm new to the Kamloops area, cut my teeth hunting in Alberta a thousand years ago. Wondering if a guy should bother with this 10 day spring season hunt (Mar. 1-10) for Canada geese, and if so, any suggestions as to where a guy might go? When it comes to past goose hunting I'm used to fall hunting on wheat and barley fields to the horizon, in my limited scouting time here I haven't seen much of that. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.
    Last edited by DJK; 02-27-2022 at 06:40 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

J-F is offline Thanks for generous GOS!

Re: Spring Canadas around Kamloops

I was hoping to do the same this spring, but all my fall hunting spots aren't showing any birds... Just a few ducks around Enderby.

Guess I'm hunting coyotes tomorrow, give a hand to our deer fawns. And crows a little later, that should give a chance to our duck populations.

I haven’t laid eyes in any geese locally to Kamloops this season since they left this fall..

best of luck finding them!

Too bad there wasn’t a bow season in Mcarther park. Saw lots in the flooded sports fields today.

I just moved to Kamloops as well. Lots of geese in town but I imagine finding them on public land would be a challenge.