Thread: Fraser River Bighorn Sheep: Addressing Mycoplasma Ovipneumoniae Infection

Fraser River Bighorn Sheep: Addressing Mycoplasma Ovipneumoniae Infection

I just thought I would share this link that was posted 2 days ago.
    I have to say though, it has been out for 2 days and there has only been "24 views"
    If that it is at all accurate, it really disappoints me at how few folks in the hunting community may
    actually be concerned about our wildlife?
    It may in fact be a really good representation of how few hunters care and why our opportunities are
    declining.
    Sorry if that seem very harsh or self centered, but I feel there is a need at times to question "ourselves".
    But go to open chat or politics thread, and you can find thousands of posts and even more viewing of
    pure none sense bs.

So, here is a link to get a little more informed on "our sheep"!:
    https://youtu.be/sGFcAQebLg8

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sGFcAQebLg8" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by Bugle M In; 02-27-2022 at 05:37 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Fraser River Bighorn Sheep: Addressing Mycoplasma Ovipneumoniae Infection

It was also a live webinar that people tuned in for, so the "views" don't exactly represent the involvement of several hunters and sheep enthusiasts who tuned in for the actual webinar when it went live.

That being said, Chris is always a great listen and passionate about sheep. The Fraser river project is an amazing project as well by all accounts!

some of us take breaks from hunting sites during the "off season" maybe? I know I haven't clicked it but I am very aware of MOVI and am active in supporting our wold sheep and WSSBC

Than being said their southern convention has gone online again due to covid restrictions. Buy an online pass, find the auction that goes live March 12 I believe, get a raffle ticket for an amazing hunt. We need everyones support since the government isn't putting any money into protecting our sheep. If anyone needs links let me know, I just got back from Mexico so playing catchup with life.
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    I just thought I would share this link that was posted 2 days ago.
    I have to say though, it has been out for 2 days and there has only been "24 views"
    If that it is at all accurate, it really disappoints me at how few folks in the hunting community may
    actually be concerned about our wildlife?
    It may in fact be a really good representation of how few hunters care and why our opportunities are
    declining.
    Sorry if that seem very harsh or self centered, but I feel there is a need at times to question "ourselves".
    But go to open chat or politics thread, and you can find thousands of posts and even more viewing of
    pure none sense bs.

So, here is a link to get a little more informed on "our sheep"!:
    https://youtu.be/sGFcAQebLg8

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sGFcAQebLg8" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    What concerned me more was the stats around how many hunters participated in the govt survey around predator management for caribou recovery. I can’t remember the exact numbers but it was dismal. It’s on the talk is sheep podcast with Mike Bridger as the guest. I can’t believe there less than 5000 hunters that agree with predator management in BC. I don’t like where we are headed if we don’t start to speak up. The region 4 bighorn LEH proposal. The rumoured changes coming to region 7b, the former mayor of Tofino being appointed minister in charge of the new ministry responsible for wildlife…..seriously people. We had all better start speaking up. Anyways, sorry for the rant, but that’s been eating at me for a bit now.

Thanks for the yt link ... but...
    Not sure which other post you are referring to
    Got me to looking, I did a search of all forums and then a word search
    I can't even find a post to original webinar
    Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC

Great project showing success and future promise of good thing to come
    Rare to see a wildlife health success like this

It's ALWAYS been, 5% do 95% of the lifting. Most sit on their hands and say nothing until it's too late. Nothing new sadly. Same in fisheries etc.
    WSSBC
    BCWF
    CCFR
    BHA

Quote Originally Posted by high horse Hal View Post
    Thanks for the yt link ... but...
    Not sure which other post you are referring to
    Got me to looking, I did a search of all forums and then a word search
    I can't even find a post to original webinar
    I only meant that when you are on that exact youtube link, it displays "viewed" which basically means "how many have watched it".
    At the time, it only displayed 24 views.
    Yes, as mentioned, many would have watched it live, so it wont be an accurate number, and I didnt think about that in my OP
    comments.
    But that being said, there have been some replies to this thread that do state how dismal hunters are at helping in taking action!
    And if ever there was a time to be involved, be informed, and participate (and everyone has a different capacity for sure), that
    now is that time.
    And for that fact, I really am concerned with hunters.
    I have hunting partners that complain, and do next to nothing, and I have to send them links to sign for petitions or
    whatever.
    I never see them coming to me.
    So, like someone said, it really does seem like 5% do the lifting or get involved while the majority think someone is looking out
    for them.
    That is not the case!
    Its fine to blame politicians etc for the direct issue.
    But, finger pointing is not going to make a difference either.
    Its just a shame when that 5% do make an effort and the rest of us dont even give the time to "listen" to them and see what is
    going on.
    Thats all I wanted to point out.

Noted and justified
    seeing what some publicity can do, views have tripled
    Last edited by high horse Hal; 02-28-2022 at 07:42 PM.