Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lpvo

Re: Lpvo

Thanks for the responses.

I am pretty much a fixed power guy for hunting, 6x being a favorite but can manage with a 10x depending on the terrain.

These LPVO's have caught my attention as , 6x is normal to me but I like the idea of the red dot at 1x. I seem to spend more time poking around in the bush as moose possibilities in my area are a bit harder than years past.

So , I guess I'm looking for a 6x scope and a red dot (have one on a pistol, really like it, red dot) all in one, so I will go in that direction.

BTW Gate' a nice looking rig, optic?
    Last edited by BCBRAD; 02-28-2022 at 08:19 AM.
    We can only be kept in the cages we do not see. @

I had a 2x7 scout on my 8x57 but after 5 years I just couldn’t get used to it. Dugout one of my old standbys, a 6x by 42 Pentax now if feels way better. If I do happen to need a new VP scope it will be a FFP (first focal plane) not a SFP(second focal plane).
    No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Just curious Brad did you have a certain brand in mind ?

reason I ask I was just researching LPVO scopes and fixed power rifle scopes with illuminated or red dot reticles, traditional fixed power hunting scopes with red dot or illuminated reticles are hard to come by but I see the LPVO market is huge 1-6X specifically, they are pricey to
    Last edited by Weatherby Fan; 02-28-2022 at 10:10 AM.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherby Fan View Post
    Just curious Brad did you have a certain brand in mind ?
    No, not really, depends a lot on the reticle. With 6x on the top end and me calibrating hash marks on reticle for that , makes it.....maybe a 500 yard proposition, in reality my average kill shot is ~150 yards or a few yards if it is a mule deer.
    The area I hunt has changed over the past several decades, so tactics have to change with it. With that, more time is spent more on the ground in close quarters. As opposed to watching big clear cuts for an opportunity.

6x is not a big detriment in close quarters, 50 feet on one b bear and one moose, no issues.

It's a Vortex PST II 1-6 with center dot. The Razors are better but as a Vortex rep said " the PST II is 90% of a Razor at 50% of the cost"

There's a bunch of good LPVO's on the market now. All have different features and reticles. I like the simple red dot and mil line crosshair. Some folks like the chevron style, etc etc.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    It's a Vortex PST II 1-6 with center dot. The Razors are better but as a Vortex rep said " the PST II is 90% of a Razor at 50% of the cost"

There's a bunch of good LPVO's on the market now. All have different features and reticles. I like the simple red dot and mil line crosshair. Some folks like the chevron style, etc etc.

I will have to call my local retailer.

My pretenda LPVOs are Vortex HD LH 1.5-8. They were designed as hunting scopes as opposed to something to be mounted on top of a tactical platform. As such, they weigh in at half or less than what a lot of regular LPVOs do. They also have 1/4 minute windage and elevation adjustments where a lot of the LPVOs are 1/2 minute. Vortex discontinued the line. Sightron has a line they call the S tac. The low power version was discontinued also. I wonder if the demand just wasn't there, as hunting scopes seem to have gone the other direction, trending towards higher power variables.

Best thing about the LPVO is that then you can say you have a LPVO
    Are those inline with HPVO or LPFO s ?
    Does a true LPVO have a Illum dot , are the rest just posers?
    never heard of that 20 yrs ago when I was buying most of my small variables
    Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC

Quote Originally Posted by high horse Hal View Post
    never heard of that 20 yrs ago when I was buying most of my small variables
    That's cause tacticool wasn't a thing 20 years ago

Optics have come a long way in 20 years. Especially things like illuminated reticles and red dot sights.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!