Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mountain caribou pack out weight?

Re: Mountain caribou pack out weight?

Quote Originally Posted by CheesyLimper View Post
    Solo, I would say at least 2 trips. We got two last time I was out between the two of us. Mine was bigger at about 180 lbs boned out, hers ~ 150. Mine was a good bit of exercise in one trip, granted I was 5 and half months after two knee replacements.
    What a beast! Two knee replacements and still packing meat. Good on you Cheese!
    WSS BC Monarch Member
    WSF Member
    BCWF Member
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Re: Mountain caribou pack out weight?

Close to twenty years ago took one big bull and our light overnight camp out in one trip back to base camp 7km away. This was two young fit guys. Now it would be four trips. I had the rack on my pack and the highlight was another bull challenging me at about five yards. When we took our packs off at base camp it felt like we were floating. Made some chilli, had a beer and then whiskey and shot a pack rat that night.... Cooked tenderloin and pancakes in the morning and almost gagged. Wont ever shoot another rutting caribou again. Probably wont ever shoot another Caribou for that matter. They do live in spectacular country which makes hunting them fantastic.

BB