Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spring Time Grouse

Re: Spring Time Grouse

Quote Originally Posted by machog View Post
    Arent you supposed to hunt grouse only in fall? I dont see spring as allowed in the regulations
    Try reading a bit closer. Nobody is hunting in spring. The conversation is about training dogs, which is perfectly legal other than June and July when chicks are hatching.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Quote Originally Posted by Would Rather Be Fishing View Post
    Elch Jager (do I sense a fellow German behind that handle?) - While I appreciate (and agree with) the sentiment behind the reply, to my knowledge Grouse hatch around June, so I am not too concerned about going out within the timeframe allowed by the regs (I would certainly hope the regs take these things into account

That said... I assume this means burning fuel for me then... I have been training on pidgeons as well, but with the melting snow I am hoping to spend some time in the woods and combine some fun time for me with some training for the dog...
    The regs and Co's take nothing into consideration, that's why they are there. Training you rookie dog on birds can lead to injuries or death on juvenile flocks and if caught personal fines for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by huntingfamily View Post
    From page 17 of the bc hunting reg's...

"Any person may train dogs by allowing them, under supervision, to pursue game birds from Aug 1-Apr 30."
    Illegal for 3 months, May through July...
    Last edited by huntingfamily; 05-03-2022 at 10:14 AM.