Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 65 MM spotting Scope

65 MM spotting Scope

Does anything really compete with the Swarovski models in the 65 mm spotting scope class?

I'm looking at making the big purchase this year or next depending on draws, and will spend the money if necessary, as I am very happy with my other Swaro products, but wouldn't mind saving a few bucks to spend on other equipment (higher quality tripod) if I'm not losing a ton of performance by going with another option.

I will not be using this a ton, mostly verifying legality on mule deer / moose / elk after I have glassed them up with my 15x Swaro binos.

My pet peeve with optics is crappy eye box / tunneling, so would like to avoid cheaper optics that have those issues in particular.

Thanks!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 65 MM spotting Scope

Bought my ATS 65 a few years ago to pair with my 10x42 EL's and haven't looked back. When looking through top of the line glass, you're never going to wish you hadn't made that purchase. When you only having a split second at first/last/poor light conditions, a quality spotter or bino's make all the difference.

Buy once, cry once.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

im in the process of selling my NEW swarovski HD 65 angled spotting scope..stay on case...Manfrotto AND Slick tripods METAL QT attatchments,metal Swarovski window mount etc etc etc..have one gent first right of refusal..its variable 20....to...60? zoom..best of the best.
    srupp
    great glass will save you 100 kms on a 14 day hunt....how much glassing versus 2 second shot..find em..get close..30-30 will work
    Last edited by srupp; 02-22-2022 at 03:16 PM.

If I were in your shoes, with 15 x Swaro binos I would invest in a good tripod and bino adapter. If you watch the forum ads you can find 65 swaros every once in awhile. If you are sheep or goat hunting I would step up to a tier one spotter. If it’s just deer hunting you could get by with a cheaper spotter and your bino set up.
    WSS BC Monarch Member
    WSF Member
    BCWF Member
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

PM sent .....

I looked at a lot of spotting scopes and for the size and quality of the swaro 65 it’s going to be hard to beat that spotter. Kowa77 was slightly bigger with as good of glass. Anything else in the 65 I didn’t find as good of glass but that’s just me.
    I should have bought the swaro when I had the money but a job change and move changed that plan. I got the Maven CS1 last year as it fit my budget better. I’m happy with it for what I’m using it for but it’s not the swaro. It’s half the cost though.

hmmm looked at a lot of spotters that the owners claimed were as good as the Swaro...i noted ALL looked to Swarovski as THE standard.Leica came near to Swaro..disagree with Vortex et all.
    hunting is all the time looky looky see....
    anyhow thats how I see it..LOL pun intended...
    my old SWARO was burned in a tent fire accident on a mountainside in Alberta.my sheep hunting days are unfortunatly passed.looked through hundreds of units over the decades...owned 3 different models/makes expensive way to work up to the best IMO
    CHEERS
    Srupp

Check out the Kowa 77mm series. Excellent glass and with the bigger objective much brighter at dawn dusk. Kowa also makes a compact with excellent glass and both a less expensive than Swaro. Do a side by side comparison outside not in the store if you can.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Best thing to do is look through a few brands your self as you can have 60 guys on here tell you what to buy but we don't see what you see.

Ive looked through and have owned many high end spotters, binoculars of even more brands and I prefer Leica optics, but when your talking Leica, Steiner, Meopta, Swarovski, Zeiss, Kahles, flip a coin they're all excellent, at this point its price, functionality (ease of use) and what appeals to your eye,

I just did a side by side comparison of Leica Noctivid Binoculars and Swarovski NL Pure binoculars both companies high end glass, I know these are binoculars and you're talking spotters.........the NL Pure are more comfortable in the hand, the picture/clarity/brilliance is identical, only difference is the picture presented to my eyes, the Leica has a whiter or lighter tone to the picture and the Swarovski had a softer tone presented, Remington Jim looked through them as well and his first impression was the Leica picture appealed to him right away, another friend of mine looked through both and this guy can spot fly shit at a 1000 yards and he chose the Leica almost immediately and this guy use a Swarovski spotter.

It really depends on what you see, Call Omer at Precision Optics and pick his brain, he sells more high end optics than anyone in Canada.
    Last edited by Weatherby Fan; 02-23-2022 at 07:10 AM.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

As a matter of fact a well know BC Guide Nolan Osbourne and Omer of Precision Optics have just done a cpl podcasts that is very informative and eliminates the BS in optics and optic buying, explains what companies are good at marketing and which ones have great glass, also gives a hard working guides perspective on his progression of purchasing optics.

You will find them here. 957.htm

SURE NICE TO SEE SOME HUNTING/GEAR RELATED THREADS ON HBC !
    Last edited by Weatherby Fan; 02-23-2022 at 08:24 AM.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America