Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2022 Turkey Thread!

Re: The 2022 Turkey Thread!

Talk to the guys at Westside Stores in Salmon Arm. They're pretty well versed with turkeys and might offer up a suggestion or two. Definitely birds throughout 8-22 but most of the ones I know about are very close to neighborhoods.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by DJK View Post
    There's a GOS in 8-26 and 8-22, anybody have any experience with finding birds in these areas? Any point in blowing thru fuel heading to that neighbourhood?
    Can't speak to 8-26/22 specifically, but I do know the farther south and east you go...the better!

13 days and a EARLY wake up.
    if people of color do it, it's "affirmative action" "civil rights", etc, etc. If a bunch of white folks do it....its "racist" and "hate speech" quote Willyqbc

8-22 the issue is finding public land or access to public land. lots of birds running around to the point it pains me. 8-26 a bit more options to explore but focus on the south aspects

First year for me to give hunting turkeys a go now that we have moved to the interior. I have read quite a bit and been practicing calling both with slate and diaphragm. I’m pretty pumped as I have quite a bit of time to look for birds and with any luck I hope to just find some, even just to observe and learn behaviour.
    I plan to work in around the Carmi area first as it is an area somewhat close to where I am located. Anyone have any luck in the area in the past? I know the more East and South is better for sure but for now am looking in this area for starters.

Good luck to everyone.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Getbent View Post
    First year for me to give hunting turkeys a go now that we have moved to the interior. I have read quite a bit and been practicing calling both with slate and diaphragm. I’m pretty pumped as I have quite a bit of time to look for birds and with any luck I hope to just find some, even just to observe and learn behaviour.
    I plan to work in around the Carmi area first as it is an area somewhat close to where I am located. Anyone have any luck in the area in the past? I know the more East and South is better for sure but for now am looking in this area for starters.

Good luck to everyone.

cheers
    If you happen to see a silver F-150 with a landscape rack on the back, stop and say hi to me.
    if people of color do it, it's "affirmative action" "civil rights", etc, etc. If a bunch of white folks do it....its "racist" and "hate speech" quote Willyqbc

Quote Originally Posted by 300H&H View Post
    If you happen to see a silver F-150 with a landscape rack on the back, stop and say hi to me.
    Sounds good 300…thanks!

I spend a ton of time around Carmi and Beaverdell. I’ve never seen a turkey that far north on 33. Even Rock Creek area seems to be thin on birds the past few years. So far this year I’ve seen by far the most birds on the hills surrounding Tech Cominco in Trail. I heard a couple of gobbles around town in Christina Lake, but have not seen a single bird there.

I did meet my new neighbors though. They said “how are you doing”, and I think were slightly put off by my response of “glad to eat you”?
    Last edited by Redthies; 04-14-2022 at 08:43 AM.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Heading out today. Going to be a late departure so no time to roost a bird this evening but the excitement level is still high!

Good luck to all those getting out on opening day tomorrow!
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

I work till 8pm near the coast, but me and my buddy are driving 8 hours right afterward to be able to get out there for the hunt. I feel like a kid before christmas!