Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Peace Region Moose and Northern Cariboo

Re: BC trades away outdoor recreation rights to continue industrial encroachment in t

email sent to my MLA
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Re: BC trades away outdoor recreation rights to continue industrial encroachment in t

Based on older 2017 data, 7B was 21% of provincial Resident/Non-Resident caribou harvest but a much larger proportion of GOS caribou harvest - something around 40%.

For moose, 7B is a 1/4th of the total moose harvest in BC.

This is a huge hit that totally undermines the entire science-based wildlife management model.

This decision is a symptom of the control the WEF has over “progressive” politics. We could try to stem the tide at the river delta as it were, but that will fail. Like placer gold, keep following it upriver until you can access the source.

I also sent an email to my mla. I can only encourage everybody to do the same. While some say it’s a waste of energy, one can see clearly that in the US these activities have helped! Colorado has saved it’s mountain lion hunt via hunter engagement and WA is about to get their spring bear season back. Let’s send as many letters as possible!

At this point I don’t care. If I need meat I’m gonna go shoot it . Government is irrelevant at this point . Look around.

Re: Peace region moose and caribou resident allocation

There is a directive reponse coming team and yes we need letters getting sent there is more clear direction coming...everybody needs to engage or the push wont stop there.

Re: Peace region moose and caribou resident allocation

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggdon View Post
    And so the first domino falls.

I fully expect this to happen. This current government has already demonstrated that it doesn't give a rats ass about hunters. We're talking about a government that enacted legislation that makes it more difficult to conduct PAL/CORE training because you can no longer bring a firearm into a classroom for instructional purposes.
    wait…what?? I didn’t see anything about this..that doesn't promote good gun safety if someone who has never seen a gun can’t handle one in a safe environment before actually going out and purchasing or borrowing one going into a hunting/target practice etc. situation..

Wrote to my MLA
    shared to others too.

Everybody needs to email the mla,mp resource managers horgan get involved or loose it not just for you but forever for everyone.

As a Father,a mountain hunter, a conservationist,and a canadian this effects everybody..... and mark my words you must get envolved... the letters are just the start.

Can we get a list of email addresses we should be sending to? aside from our local MLA’s?
    might make it easier for some.