Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: Peace Region Moose and Northern Cariboo

Re: Peace Region Moose and Northern Cariboo

When the sea to sky highway was upgraded for the Olypmics the speed limit was increased to 90km/h. Many people would break the 90km/h speed limit. A few years ago a (junk) scientific study was made and the speed limit was lowered back down to 80km/h. What happened? People still drove the same speed as before.

When the government imposes laws that don't make sense people simply ignore them, speed limits are a perfect example of this. I feel in this case people will ignore these changes in 7b and can you blame them? Of course the consequences would be higher than just a speeding ticket if caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Sitkaspruce View Post
    https://www.alaskahighwaynews.ca/for...ations-5423900

"Doig River First Nation, Halfway River First Nation, Prophet River First Nation and West Moberly First Nations," the statement went on to say, "all have grave concerns about these regulations."

"Right from the start we presented options to the Province for limiting impacts on local hunters. They were all rejected."
    That last statement worries me. It implies that First Nations and the province were considering giving special rights to resident hunters in the Peace region over resident hunters from the rest of BC.

This divides communities and ends up creating a scenario where we fight amongst ourselves for crumbs, instead of looking at expanding the overall pie.

All Resident hunters in BC should have equal access to hunting in all parts of BC. Just like we have equal access to fish. Just like we have equal access to fuel. Just like we have equal access to goods coming off a container ship and sent to a WalMart.

The government doesn’t come out and say you can’t hunt, ,they just make it so dificult and clog it up with so many rules and regulations people just quit .Case in point- the recreational salmon fishery..marinas are empty and very few boats going out when they should be lining up to launch .I see the same thing happening with residential hunting as licence sales are plummeting

Quote Originally Posted by high horse Hal View Post
    possibly going to turn out to be a token jesture while consulting with the Feds to come up with the larger plan for financial compensation over resource extraction and exploitation
    If this one-year deal is just a half measure and hunters really are the bargaining chip going forward , we are fkd
    High horse hal can see the future... i think we need to follow up at the very least with any pressure we can apply.