Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast

Thread: Peace Region Moose and Northern Cariboo

Re: Peace Region Moose and Northern Cariboo

Should be interesting on how many LEH authorizations will be put forth .... are they going to decide this by last years hunter surveys .... LEH in the single digits at its best and as said .... antler restrictions as well.

Like it or not the antler restriction are a way to increase opportunity vs an any bull tag.

Quote Originally Posted by rageous View Post
    Like it or not the antler restriction are a way to increase opportunity vs an any bull tag.
    What opportunity? We have no population issue, this is all about restricting hunter numbers and now they restrict what you can shoot. Remember we had the 2/3/10 rule and everything was good.

But now we manage by social and bleeding heart management.

Going to be a lot of moose coming home in late at night......

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

Quote Originally Posted by Sitkaspruce View Post
    What opportunity? We have no population issue, this is all about restricting hunter numbers and now they restrict what you can shoot. Remember we had the 2/3/10 rule and everything was good.

But now we manage by social and bleeding heart management.

Going to be a lot of moose coming home in late at night......

SS
    I think it means moose season opened today.
    I bet there will be a marked decrease in the moose population by this time next year.

Thumbs down Re: Peace Region Moose and Northern Cariboo

"These decisions were informed by extensive engagement with the public, First Nations, the Guide Outfitters Association of British Columbia and the BC Wildlife Federation. "

All but one of which told them NO DAMN WAY!!

Consulted my ass...

Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    "These decisions were informed by extensive engagement with the public, First Nations, the Guide Outfitters Association of British Columbia and the BC Wildlife Federation. "

All but one of which told them NO DAMN WAY!!

Consulted my ass...

Nog
    And this is why there is a severe lack of people who want to fight these things and put a hard effort forward. There is zero indication that the govt has ever cared to listen to any amount of public comments. This decision was made long ago and even had several hints of the fact that no matter what was said, it was happening. Even people in govt hinted at that months ago.

The govt does not care one bit about consultation. Its no wonder people dont want to make a giant effort to only get ignored time and time again....

Arrow Re: Peace Region Moose and Northern Cariboo

Quote Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
    ... The govt does not care one bit about consultation. Its no wonder people dont want to make a giant effort to only get ignored time and time again....
    Tell that to the lot of us that try.
    If we don't, we may as well give up, roll over and die right now.
    I won't.

For every win there are many more losses.
    Nature of the game.
    And yep, it is damn tough to try and keep from becoming really really jaded.
    But somehow some of us muster the courage to carry on.

My hat is off to those who actually try.
    You can likely guess my thoughts towards those who do nothing but whine (no inference towards you Rackmaster whatsoever).

This isn't over...

Nog

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Wonder if the guide outfitters quotas got cut back? Probably not most are owned by first nations now!!

Arrow Re: Peace Region Moose and Northern Cariboo

Quote Originally Posted by Onesock View Post
    Wonder if the guide outfitters quotas got cut back? Probably not most are owned by first nations now!!
    You guessed wrong.
    they were indeed cut back.
    I rather suspect we will see a related court case launched from them soon as a consequence...

Nog

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by Onesock View Post
    Even First Nation owned outfits have to follow the Wildlife Act and regulations. It is the one thing where we are actually treated the same. They loose quote just like the rest of the outfitters, and really has some of them pissed off at government for cutting back the AAH.