Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Peace Region Moose and Northern Cariboo

Arrow Re: Peace Region Moose and Northern Cariboo

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Chipman View Post
    ... Fingers crossed they'll back off.
    Part of me really wants to agree with that.

The other part of me really wants to see them get their asses royally kicked in court.

Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Re: Peace Region Moose and Northern Cariboo

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post

The other part of me really wants to see them get their asses royally kicked in court.

Nog
    This would bring me great pleasure; the BC Government needs to walk out of that court with their tails tucked after being told they are complete idiots for trying to this approach of trying to pit Indigenous peoples against non Indigenous, and giving oil/gas/industrial development (and I am in favor of oil and gas) a get out of jail free card.

I truly hope the judge condemns this approach and calls it out for what it is.

NH3
    NFA, CCFR, BCWF

Quote Originally Posted by Night Hawk 3 View Post
    This would bring me great pleasure; the BC Government needs to walk out of that court with their tails tucked after being told they are complete idiots for trying to this approach of trying to pit Indigenous peoples against non Indigenous, and giving oil/gas/industrial development (and I am in favor of oil and gas) a get out of jail free card.

NH3
    That would be a real good start. Unfortunately it is the tip of the ice berg for what has evolved into govt systemic mismanagement of wildlife in BC.
    A spiritual being trying to have a human experience

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    Part of me really wants to agree with that.

Nog

Well...there is no question that in the realm of all things Indigenous Relations the decision of the courts has proven, time and again, to be a very important trump card. I don't know the details of any action you're referring to and I understand it's likely much too soon to pull any curtain back, but if the government did get into judge trouble over how they are resolving the Yahey case it would be a very, very interesting development with extremely important repercussions.

That would have to be a ten year battle, minimum, no?

As for the outcome I'm keeping my fingers crossed for, note that I'm not placing bets with real money. I think the writing is on the wall. The government is going to do exactly what it proposed 6 or so weeks ago. We'll be inspecting the underside of the bus - thats' my bet.
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by Night Hawk 3 View Post

NH3
    They already did, that's why we are in this mess in the first place. Now they have created an even bigger mess with their back door deals and lack of consultation with the other 97% of the province.

Supposed to find out either later this week or early next.

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

Maybe if we all decided not to put in for leh .they might get the
    picture
    KEEP SHOOTING OR SHOOT A BIG GUN!!!!
    IF YOU DON'T HUNT YOU AINT RIGHT IN THE HEAD!!!!!!!!!
    A SCREAMING ELK THERE'S NOTHIN BETTER!!!!!!
    KNOW WHEN TO KEEP THE WIFE OUT OF MY HUNTING SPOTS !!!!!!!!!!

This gov't wouldn't give a shit if nobody put in for LEH. These goofs are basically a band of anti-hunters in the first place so they'd just consider it a win. From their perspective, the lost dollars from LEH applications would be a cheap price to pay for them to see the whole thing shut down. Just like the grizzly hunt - do you think it keeps Horgan up a night thinking about the $80 grizz tags he's now forgoing revenue on?

The only thing that will really get their attention is if a massive amount of moose hunters just go out and hunt their moose and fly the bird at the regulations.

""Even when everyone seems to be clear about the consequences of breaking the law, people somehow eventually end up breaking it. To put that into perspective, right from Gandhi’s defiance of British colonial laws over the empire’s monopoly to Martin Luther’s movement for civil rights, rules have always been broken. Hence the confounding question, which is as old as Socrates, remains, “When is it justified for a citizen to act as his own legislator and decide that he will or won’t obey the given law?” While this question may have different answers, I believe that we citizens should be able to differentiate between good and evil. This is to say, if the laws need to be broken for the right cause even with hard consequences, breaking the law can be justified. And if the law protects a society from crime and criminals, it should be complied with.""

https://kathmandupost.com/art-entert...aw-justifiable

Quote Originally Posted by canishunter22-250 View Post
    This gov't wouldn't give a shit if nobody put in for LEH.
    100%. The govt would just say there is no interest and remove if from the LEH the following year.

Quote Originally Posted by canishunter22-250 View Post
    This gov't wouldn't give a shit if nobody put in for LEH. These goofs are basically a band of anti-hunters in the first place so they'd just consider it a win. From their perspective, the lost dollars from LEH applications would be a cheap price to pay for them to see the whole thing shut down. Just like the grizzly hunt - do you think it keeps Horgan up a night thinking about the $80 grizz tags he's now forgoing revenue on?
    Exactly man!!

People got to understand behind the curtains your government is owned by bigger players than the faces and names you see om tv. Hint the people who print Canadas worthless fiat paper notes really make the decisions not trudno or whoregan.

Money means nothing to these goofs!!

They have agendas to push/follow and abolishion of guns and hunting is just one of them!