Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Peace Region Moose and Northern Cariboo

Exclamation Re: Peace Region Moose and Northern Cariboo

Both the Blueberry First Nation (all 197 of them) and the government did note what they were going to do with regards to their reaction over the court findings. Oddly enough the vast majority of that simply slid off the table:

https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021IRR0063-001940

Three days remain to get your comments into the government survey:

https://apps.nrs.gov.bc.ca/ahte/cont...ts-region-wide
    Last edited by IronNoggin; 03-19-2022 at 12:26 PM.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Re: Peace Region Moose and Northern Cariboo

Keep on pushing Nog-- my time of hunting 'boos and swamp donkeys' in the Peace has passed, but I still hope that the young guys behind me will still get a hint of what was so great and is still worth fighting for. What the government is doing is nothing more than institution racism. With that-- nobody wins.

Good seeing you supporting and fighting so hard for this Nog,

from one fly fisher to another.

Arrow Re: Peace Region Moose and Northern Cariboo

Thanks fellas.
    I sincerely see this as the end, and will not stand for it!
    Not so much for me as my time out there is getting somewhat limited.
    But for all those Young Guns that you and I helped Mentor we MUST defend their future.

And I will fight to my last breath to do so.
    Sure as hell wish a lot more would get over their damned apathy and do the same!

This will not only effect us, but those we take along from other parts of the Country...

Permit to Accompany Non-Resident or Non-Resident Aliens to Hunt Big Game

Due to proposed regulation changes in Peace, Skeena, and Omineca regions, Permit to Accompany applications for moose and caribou in these regions are not being reviewed. We recommend submitting applications for moose and caribou after June 1, 2022.

Note that Region Six has already been included...

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/s...t-to-accompany
    Last edited by IronNoggin; 03-21-2022 at 01:21 PM.

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

I started hunting 6 years ago. I've had some success and shared it with you all when I did (and sometimes when I didn't) and hopefully you all noticed that I like to take my family along for the ride.
    My 11 year old finished his online CORE course in about 7 hours so he could go caribou hunting with me. What is going on now feels like a gut punch to me because I feel I had been building for this moment with my kids for the last half decade and for no reason, it has been taken away from me.
    I appreciate all that you (Nog) and everyone else is doing to fight this decision. You are all welcome at my campfire anytime.
    Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    Thanks fellas.
    But for all those Young Guns that you and I helped Mentor we MUST defend their future.

Sure as hell wish a lot more would get over their damned apathy and do the same!

This will not only effect us, but those we take along from other parts of the Country...

Due to proposed regulation changes in Peace, Skeena, and Omineca regions, Permit to Accompany applications for moose and caribou in these regions are not being reviewed. We recommend submitting applications for moose and caribou after June 1, 2022.

Exclamation Re: Peace Region Moose and Northern Cariboo

Quote Originally Posted by CheesyLimper View Post
    ... My 11 year old finished his online CORE course in about 7 hours so he could go caribou hunting with me. What is going on now feels like a gut punch to me because I feel I had been building for this moment with my kids for the last half decade and for no reason, it has been taken away from me.
    This is very much the case.
    Already it is spilling over into adjacent Regions, and growing.
    Already 7A and Region 6 have been included in their plans.
    Writing is very much on the wall if this proceeds!

Those that are sitting on their laurels thinking this will not effect them, think again!
    Already hungry eyes well south of the Peace are turning towards deer and elk.
    I suggest it is in your best interest to get involved while you still have the opportunity to do so!!

While limited time remains to get an email or letter (or many of each) headed in the right direction, please note:

Today represents the FINAL DAY to get your comments in to the government survey!

https://apps.nrs.gov.bc.ca/ahte/cont...ts-region-wide

If you haven't already, please do!!

Cheers & Thanks!
    Nog

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    Thanks fellas.

This will not only affect us, but those we take along from other parts of the Country...

Thanks for posting these additional links.

I have been working on my letters and submissions this morning.

~NH3
    NFA, CCFR, BCWF

Thanks for keeping up the fight everyone.

This is my partner's response. Posted with her permission. Feel free to adapt it and use it for your own.

"As a BC woman hunter, an outdoor recreation enthusiast, and a scientist with a PhD, I FULLY OPPOSE all proposed changes. There is absolutely zero conservation rationale for any of these changes. The proposed changes are simply prioritizing resource extraction over resident hunting of a healthy population. The province would be essentially throwing hunting and outdoor recreation "under the bus" in favour of industry.

According to the province's own data(!!), the Peace region has among the highest density of moose populations in the entire province. Current hunting practices are not even beginning to place moose populations under strain, meaning that there is no real reason to convert moose hunting to LEH-only, and reduce it by 50%.

Converting moose hunting to LEH-only would also take away a critical source of food for hundreds of BC families, including my own family. My family relies on moose meat to survive for the entire year. In the future, we would only be able to continue relying on moose meat if one of us in my family is lucky enough to draw a tag AND have the ability to hunt on those specific restricted dates. We enjoy spending time in the outdoors through hunting, and restricting this to a two-week time period (if one of us draws a tag) would change our lives significantly, without actually addressing the problem that the First Nations actually raised in the first place.

These proposed regulations do nothing to address the actual complaint of the First Nations. The First Nations did not request any changes to non-First Nations hunting practices; they took legal action because of industrial development infringing on their treaty rights. Taking away hunting opportunities from non-First Nations individuals would in no way change the situation of industrial development encroaching on the First Nations. Furthermore, the relatively low harvest by non-First Nations individuals means that restricting hunting would not actually lead to better harvests for First Nations anyway.

Please do not approve these proposed changes. Instead, consider the actual scientific data behind hunting practices in the Peace region, and instead make changes to industrial practices that would actually address the First Nations' issues."

Cheers,

NH3
    NFA, CCFR, BCWF

Thumbs up Re: Peace Region Moose and Northern Cariboo

AWESOME!!!

Guess he got to Know me

that is a great letter!
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster