Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Peace Region Moose and Northern Cariboo

Re: Peace Region Moose and Northern Cariboo

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    The only thing that will really get their attention is if a massive amount of moose hunters just go out and hunt their moose and fly the bird at the regulations.

""Even when everyone seems to be clear about the consequences of breaking the law, people somehow eventually end up breaking it. To put that into perspective, right from Gandhi’s defiance of British colonial laws over the empire’s monopoly to Martin Luther’s movement for civil rights, rules have always been broken. Hence the confounding question, which is as old as Socrates, remains, “When is it justified for a citizen to act as his own legislator and decide that he will or won’t obey the given law?” While this question may have different answers, I believe that we citizens should be able to differentiate between good and evil. This is to say, if the laws need to be broken for the right cause even with hard consequences, breaking the law can be justified. And if the law protects a society from crime and criminals, it should be complied with.""

https://kathmandupost.com/art-entert...aw-justifiable
    Exactlty!! Just like the ashnola indian apparently trying to shut it down. People need to just say no actually f**k you

Thumbs down Re: Peace Region Moose and Northern Cariboo

Long since past the date when the new Regs should have been out.
    Questions going unanswered.

A bit of a hint was just posted on the BC Hunting FB site:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ther...ingandfishing/
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by TheObserver View Post
    Exactlty!! Just like the ashnola indian apparently trying to shut it down. People need to just say no actually f**k you
    I don't hunt down there so we will have to leave that up to some locals, if they have the stones to stand up to them.

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    Long since past the date when the new Regs should have been out.
    Questions going unanswered.

A bit of a hint was just posted on the BC Hunting FB site:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ther...ingandfishing/

Trying to wrap my brain around the hint you posted. So they may not be opening the leh for applications until july?
    If you are not wet, cold, and have sore legs, you're not blacktail hunting.

Sounds like some changes coming for 6 as well...makes sense, all the 7b moose/caribou hunters would flood to 6 if they didn't..times they are a changing.
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

Thumbs down Re: Peace Region Moose and Northern Cariboo

This just in:

May 12, 2022

Sean Olmstead, President
    Scott Ellis, Executive Director and CEO
    Guide Outfitters Association of British Columbia
    103-19140 28th Avenue
    Surrey, British Columbia V3Z 6M3

Dear Sean Olmstead and Scott Ellis:
    Thank you for your letters of March 11, 2022, and March 28, 2022, regarding the Peace Region hunting regulation change proposals that had been open for public engagement. The Province of British Columbia appreciates the efforts made by guide outfitters in advancing reconciliation with Indigenous Nations, and the contributions made by guide outfitting in generating economic activity for our rural and remote areas.

The engagement process has now concluded, and we are preparing for a decision which will be finalized shortly. I am aware of the operational challenges your members are facing in the interim. Please appreciate that this complex work is part of meaningful reconciliation with Treaty 8 First Nations and we are ensuring they have input into wildlife management decisions on their traditional territory.

The hunting regulation changes are an interim measure and part of a broader package of actions to improve wildlife stewardship, uphold Treaty rights, and enhance habitat conservation. Over the next two years, the Province and the Treaty 8 First Nations will work together to develop an approach to wildlife co-management that improves our shared understanding and management of the wildlife resources in a manner consistent with the Together for Wildlife Strategy.

Thank you for your continued engagement with David Skerik, Director, Strategic Initiatives, on this file; we are grateful for your input. If you have further information to share, please email David.Skerik@gov.bc.ca.

Again, thank you for writing to share your concerns.

Sincerely,
    Katrine Conroy Minister
    Ministry of Forests Office of the Minister Mailing Address:
    PO Box 9049 Stn Prov Govt
    Victoria, BC V8W 9E2
    Tel: 250 387-6240
    Fax: 250 387-1040

pc: Honourable John Horgan, Province of British Columbia
    Mike Hykaway, A/Assistant Deputy Minister, North Area, Ministry of Forests
    David Skerik, Director, Strategic Initiatives, Northeast Region, Ministry of Forests

https://cdn.fbsbx.com/v/t59.2708-21/...ORRsx3EyTb66is
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

I guess I will have to drive up to the bison farm and buy a bison.

pure bs
    There is nothing stopping Gub't from just staying with status quo for another year while they work out their apology strategy
    There is no deadline, nothing is going to crash, regulated hunting assures that, moose aren't going to vanish, anyone can still buy at safeway, no one is going to go hungry

But it takes spine to make solid decisions
    Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC

Tomorrow…..

I sent an email to LimitedEntry.Hunting@gov.bc.ca and got an answer ...The new LEH applications will be coming out in late June ..They have to be passed by govt ...Also hunting regulations will be released late and they will be for 1 year only..So you can make what you want of this info but its looking like there are major changes in the regulations and the LEH system...Dennis