Thread: Texas aoudad hunt

Texas aoudad hunt

Hey guys!

so I booked a aoudad hunt in Texas for 2023. Yes I know still a bit away but I wanted to get ahead start on the game! Never gone out of Canada to do a guided hunt. Are the forms pretty basic to fill out for firearms to cross into the US and what about limit for ammo? Also how should I go about permits for the animal if I’m lucky enough to get one on the ground in order to get back into Canada and to a taxidermist? If im
    missing anything let me know! Thanks !

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Texas aoudad hunt

Quote Originally Posted by Justin397 View Post
    Hey guys!

so I booked a aoudad hunt in Texas for 2023. Yes I know still a bit away but I wanted to get ahead start on the game! Never gone out of Canada to do a guided hunt. Are the forms pretty basic to fill out for firearms to cross into the US and what about limit for ammo? Also how should I go about permits for the animal if I’m lucky enough to get one on the ground in order to get back into Canada and to a taxidermist? If im
    missing anything let me know! Thanks !
    I would suggest your guide should be able to advise you and or help you out regarding the issue you mention. Typically you need a form 6 to transport your rifle across the border. When you fill it out you list the ammo you are taking with you and the firearm as part of the application. It also helps on the application to have a hunting license from the state you are hunting in and /or your contract with the guide. The form 6 is a US Government form, Dept of Justice/ ATF. I know lots of guys who go south to shoot clay target competitions who get a form 6 every year.
    Last edited by VLD43; 02-06-2022 at 10:32 PM.

That will be a KOOL hunt ! Good LUCK to You ! RJ

Firearm into the USA - Form 6 NIA.

Aoudad back to Canada - CITES animal so requires a CITES export permit from the USFW before you can bring it back. You'll need to do this paperwork after you harvest and wait until you have it until you can bring it across the border. You'll want to call USFW and speak with them about that process.

Would be a AWESOME hunt! Congratulations!