Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rut

Rut

Whats the latest rut you guys/girls have heard of? It doesnt seem to be on here yet (2-5 sunshine coast), my buddys 2 bucks from here don't smell or have big necks, and are the only 2 deer he saw all season lol, all I see are does, cept in residential. Every hunter I talk to says the same thing, although I'm the only one around here I know who still hunts and glasses. Am I crazy or is this normal? Even road hunting to my spots and talking to people who road hunt ALL the time like my buddy say they've seen does and not bucks. A logger told me he saw 7 in the area I was hunting but I'm sure hes bsing cause I don't see them (I saw a button buck actually , but he was tiny so he lives haha).

2. Site Sponsor

boyd050 Guest

Re: Rut

same here in the kootenays, the whiteys aren't moving much yet I literally see hundreds of does every time I go out, I watched 37 out in a feild tonight and.. you guessed it no bucks, I've seen one little spike in the last few days and nothing chasing does!! ... I'm waiting....patiently!!!

Same here. I have been hunting around Merritt and Kamloops, we have seen lots of deer but most of them were does. Had a chance on a real monster the second last day but had to let him walk because there was just to much obstruction in the way for a clear shot at his vitals. That buck did not look like he is in rut.

Hopefully we head up that way in early December and things might be different then. I was told that the rut around that area gets in full swing around December. Lets hope so.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

mulies been rutting up here for at least the past 9 days, and still going
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Quote Originally Posted by boyd050 View Post
    same here in the kootenays, the whiteys aren't moving much yet I literally see hundreds of does every time I go out, I watched 37 out in a feild tonight and.. you guessed it no bucks, I've seen one little spike in the last few days and nothing chasing does!! ... I'm waiting....patiently!!!
    37! Geez on the coast I thought it was sweet when I saw 7 lmao! Even 1-2 is still a good day.

I know they're rutting up in region 3 right now. The mulie I got on the 12th was in full rut.... Huge swollen neck, and stunk something awful. Not to mention that he went to take off, and when he did, I let out a doe bleat, and he turned right around and walk right towards me!
    It falls down & goes blah

Seen mature muleys chasing at the beginning of november and ever since, white-tails chasing last weekend. Rubs for both all over, scrapes and bucks grunting away, trashing bush, putting the run on the does.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

Thumbs up Re: Rut

Quote Originally Posted by GoatGuy View Post
    Seen mature muleys chasing at the beginning of november and ever since, white-tails chasing last weekend. Rubs for both all over, scrapes and bucks grunting away, trashing bush, putting the run on the does.
    Yep..........Kamloops area too
    Not so much for Whities here though....

saw a stunning 4x4 blacktail yesterday, large perfectly symetrical rack for its body size. It was pretty puffed up so i would say the rut has started in the LM

It could be that there are lots of doe's compared to bucks in that area ???? ,thats why you havent seen any bucks????.