Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: B-rad 2022 season in the works

Re: B-rad 2022 season in the works

Actually B-rad, I haven't gotten out once yet this year which is strange for me. However, I've got a great trip planned for May long. My 13 year old son and I have been doing a "father-son annual" spring bear hunt for the last four years on the long weekend. This year it gets even better, I am picking up one of my nephews (11 years old) from 100 mile and bringing him back to join us on our annual. I'm pulling them out of school on Friday and we'll get into the woods until Monday. I'm really looking forward to this long weekend. Nothing better than treating an eager youngster to a weekend in the woods with hopefully his first witness to a harvest.
    good luck with your seasons
    Montec

well,,,got my LEH draws put in this morning,,,,,only putting in for Mule deer doe this year,,
    Aim small,,miss small

well,,,,a no go on LEH,,,,,didnt get any draws,,,,hope everyone did better than me
    Aim small,,miss small

woohoo,,,,,13 days till bunnies open,,,,love eatin them
    Aim small,,miss small

Quote Originally Posted by B-rad View Post
    woohoo,,,,,13 days till bunnies open,,,,love eatin them
    That’s about the only thing I don’t hunt..
    im not much further south than you, but rarely see them.. but I’d imagine the wide open areas are terrible for them with all the birds of prey? May have to move a bit north and see if I can get a few for the variety.

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    im not much further south than you, but rarely see them.. but I’d imagine the wide open areas are terrible for them with all the birds of prey? May have to move a bit north and see if I can get a few for the variety.
    Regrowth cut-blocks with conifers in the 10-15 year age range, with alder lining the roads I find are the best habitat for snowshoe hare...

Too bad you didn't get a draw B rad but I'm sure you'll do well, you always seem to, good luck..

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Regrowth cut-blocks with conifers in the 10-15 year age range, with alder lining the roads I find are the best habitat for snowshoe hare...

Too bad you didn't get a draw B rad but I'm sure you'll do well, you always seem to, good luck..
    thanks bud,,,,,,yeah i usually do fairly good every year
    Aim small,,miss small

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    best places i find for the bunnies is any super thick areas you come accross that you have seen ruffed grouse,,,,thats usually how i start the scout,,,,,,,,and also the time of day is huge for bunnies,,,,more so than grouse,,,,,,,5:30--7 am in the morning,,,,and literally 30-45 min before dark,,,,,its actually a very quick hunt,,,,unless you putting boots on the ground after the snow flies to give em good chase,,,,,,i hunt bunnies literally in all directions of the loops,,,,,timing though is about 90% of the success for them though
    Aim small,,miss small

Quote Originally Posted by B-rad View Post
    best places i find for the bunnies is any super thick areas you come accross that you have seen ruffed grouse,,,,thats usually how i start the scout,,,,,,,,and also the time of day is huge for bunnies,,,,more so than grouse,,,,,,,5:30--7 am in the morning,,,,and literally 30-45 min before dark,,,,,its actually a very quick hunt,,,,unless you putting boots on the ground after the snow flies to give em good chase,,,,,,i hunt bunnies literally in all directions of the loops,,,,,timing though is about 90% of the success for them though

Thanks, clsss act as always.

woohoo,,,12 days to go for archery bucks have some nice 4 points on camera
    Aim small,,miss small