Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hot tent wood stove

Re: Hot tent wood stove

I jumped on the luxe site right away as I want the free standing hercules. It of course isnt in the 50% sale!

I have a G stove that ive rigged up for my ice hut, big insulated hut should get coooooookin for overnighting on the ice. Stoked to use it for hunting trips too, basically a small wall tent.

Quote Originally Posted by swampthing View Post
    I jumped on the luxe site right away as I want the free standing hercules. It of course isnt in the 50% sale!
    Yup I have the megahorn exit megahorn XL and I was hoping the regular megahorn was on sale but no

Shame only the small lux stove is on sale.
    Just a conspiracy bro!

Quote Originally Posted by Bustercluck View Post
    This is on my list this year as well as a bigger tipi like the luxe mega horn xl.
    I have this exact set up. Bought it this fall. I’ve yet to camp in it, but I had it set up in the park down the street from my house. It’s going to be a great setup. I have a family of five. Tons of room for sleeping and gear.
    "A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers, but borrowed from his children." John James Audubon

Quote Originally Posted by Greenthumbed View Post
    I have this exact set up. Bought it this fall. I’ve yet to camp in it, but I had it set up in the park down the street from my house. It’s going to be a great setup. I have a family of five. Tons of room for sleeping and gear.
    I broke down and ordered it tonight…. I’m going to do a bit more research and see if the g-stove will keep the chill off in -30.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

I broke down and ordered it tonight…. I’m going to do a bit more research and see if the g-stove will keep the chill off in -30.
    Nice!! I don’t know about -30, but a friend of mine was out winter camping last winter. He measured -10 outside and -27 in the tent! That to me sounds like it might still keep the chill off at -30.
    "A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers, but borrowed from his children." John James Audubon

It will without question, just a matter of how long a burn time you can get, not the biggest firebox but it is efficient

make sure you order the pipe damper with the stove, does not come with
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Quote Originally Posted by BRvalley View Post
    It will without question, just a matter of how long a burn time you can get, not the biggest firebox but it is efficient

make sure you order the pipe damper with the stove, does not come with
    I was looking at the gstove again last night. It seems like it went way up in price since the last time I looked at them. I thought they were around $400 for the xl model.

I have my LiteOutdoors stove to use for now so I’m in no rush to run out and get a g stove and I have a few friends who picked up some cheaper Amazon stoves this last winter so we’ll see how some of them work out.

The g stove site is pretty cool. I keep looking at the reindeer hides on their site as well
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

My G stove XL was 560 + tax in Dec 2019....perhaps you were looking at the regular size

Bereg Canada is the Canadian distributor for the russian bear hot tent and the G stoves....their site has some neat stuff on it too....I ordered the tent and stove at same time, great combo
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster