Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hot tent wood stove

Hot tent wood stove

If anyone is looking for a nice hot tent woodstove that doesn't mind not being ultra lightweight this one is awesome the quality is top notch they are made in Norway not China. Lots of different accessories for them.

https://gstove-canada.com/shop/ols/p...tove-heat-view

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Hot tent wood stove

Great lookin stove!

I have the XL model, very well built, one of my best purchases

I was hesitant at first, read a bunch of info that stainless isn't good material for a wood stove, but maybe in a tent application it doesn't matter as much, I only have a 10' tent

can't load too much wood in there, so gotta be picky with what you feed it to burn through the night, I can get about 5 hours and wake up with coals still....in a larger tent probably want a bigger stove
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Quote Originally Posted by BRvalley View Post
    I have the XL model, very well built, one of my best purchases

I was hesitant at first, read a bunch of info that stainless isn't good material for a wood stove, but maybe in a tent application it doesn't matter as much, I only have a 10' tent

can't load too much wood in there, so gotta be picky with what you feed it to burn through the night, I can get about 5 hours and wake up with coals still....in a larger tent probably want a bigger stove
    I had the lite outdoors and was a pain in the ass so i bought this one

This is on my list this year as well as a bigger tipi like the luxe mega horn xl.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bustercluck View Post
    This is on my list this year as well as a bigger tipi like the luxe mega horn xl.

Tent is 50% off right now
    https://luxe-hiking-gear.com/product...ent-stove-jack

Quote Originally Posted by sako79 View Post
    I had the lite outdoors and was a pain in the ass so i bought this one
    that's an upgrade for sure, different class of stove really....if you don't need an actually backpackable stove, no need for the lite outdoors

I'll be getting a tipi and lighter stove this year, pretty much set on a pomoly stove, still backpackable, but more durable and less pain the LO stoves
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Quote Originally Posted by BRvalley View Post
    that's an upgrade for sure, different class of stove really....if you don't need an actually backpackable stove, no need for the lite outdoors

I'll be getting a tipi and lighter stove this year, pretty much set on a pomoly stove, still backpackable, but more durable and less pain the LO stoves
    My hunting partner still has a light outdoors stove so we still have a lightweight packable stove stove and this one is more for base camp

I saw that. Lol. I mentioned it to the wife, but I got quite the scowl so I’ll just pay full price later on in the year. Lol

I did just buy a new rifle and at least $1000 in reloading components in the last month so I can’t complain.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Thats a great price I want it....