Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Boundary Bay shoreline clean-up

Hybrid View

Boundary Bay shoreline clean-up

Anyone interested in helping out with a post season clean up of our hunting spots around the bay? I was out at 64th on Wednesday and it’s grim the number of ammo boxes, hulls and wads etc out there. I usually do a clean up with the dogs and wife, but figured I’d see if any members here would be keen to help out?

It would be great to get people out at Brunswick, 64th, 72nd and 112th.

Photo below shows one side of one log. The odd hull or wad being missed is one thing, multiple boxes stacked up on a log is beyond disgraceful...

Last edited by Redthies; 01-23-2022 at 09:58 AM.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Boundary Bay shoreline clean-up

When are you thinking? If available I would be there for sure. I always try and pick up at least one piece of garbage when I am out water fowling (sad that every time I head out I can always seem to find at least 1 piece of garbage but usually it's more)

Absolutely. The past three years I've organized a clean up at Brunswick Pt. This year I switched to Boundary and would be happy to bring my group. I'm always hauling out hulls and wads. Just dropping carboard boxes is beyond laziness. No excuse for not being able to take such visible trash with you. If I saw a hunter doing this I would give them a talking to.

I think I know the spot where you took this picture. On Friday I picked up another cardboard box as well as a number of hulls there.

Pick a decent day with a low tide and I'm sure a few of us would show up. I'm in!!

I made this a "sticky" so it's always at the top. Pick a day as mentioned with a low tide on a weekend and lets do this.
    Last edited by Steeleco; 01-23-2022 at 03:22 PM.
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

I went to 112th on my own one time to do that and in addition to the garbage bag full of the usual boxes, shells and wads I picked up a really nice extending boat hook that I used for years picking elderberries in the interior.

I’d be willing to chip in as well - be nice to get out with a few people who are familiar with the area that may be willing to offer some tips and pointers on waterfowling in Boundary Bay all while doing some good conservation work to boost the opinion of hunters in our area. Thanks

A quick look at both of the next two weekends show wet weather... it’ll be nice all this week right up to Friday evening.

Wow. Awesome to see so many keeners. I figured you’d be into it Keith, but it’s nice to see a good response. I’ll keep an eye on weather and tides and we will come up with a day. Is a Saturday or Sunday better for you guys?

If you give it some time we can see if we can get some funding to pay for incidentals like dump fees, gloves, garbage bags.

If everyone brings their own gloves, I can bring the 1 ton with garbage bags and dump fees will be minimal.