Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: AHTE Reg 4 LEH proposal

Re: AHTE Reg 4 LEH proposal

thought for sure you would know whether the funds go to HCTF
    Glad to say I have hunted Northern BC

Simon Fraser had pretty good judgement on what he found in BC

Re: AHTE Reg 4 LEH proposal

Quote Originally Posted by j270wsm View Post
    I do not know how much/if any money has gone back into the elk valley.
    Judging from other threads/comments, you seem to have some knowledge of what goes on in this corner of the province so I though I’d throw a couple questions at you.
    Judging from what I’ve seen over the last 25yrs…..I can only assume it’s been very little to none. Considering how much $$ those auctioned tags sold for and the fact that those world class rams were taken from the elk and fording valleys….I would have hoped some of the $$ would have been put back into the specific areas that were hunted.
    Wrong on all fronts. From a HCTF report summarizing the funds from 2000-2010. Excerpt from the report.

Project Investments: Summary
    About $1.33 million, or 84% of total revenue received was invested in 46 unique conservation projects.
    • Sheep Sub Account
    - Over $1.1 million was invested in 39 mountain sheep projects.
    - The Kootenay Region had the most projects (12) and received the most funding ($365,000).
    - The Restoration of California Bighorn Sheep Metapopulation in the South Okanagan (8-207) was the project that received the largest amount of financial support - $215,000 over 5 years.
    • Other Wildlife Sub Account
    - Almost $211,000 was invested in 11 projects for wildlife other than mountain sheep.
    - The Kootenay Region had the most projects (4) and received the most funding ($107,000).
    - Noxious Weed Control on Bighorn Sheep Ranges (4-403) was the project that received the largest amount of financial support - $38,128 over 7 years.
    • Four projects received financial support from both sub accounts.

If interested just google the title to read the whole report.

Investing in Conservation with Revenue from British Columbia’s Special Wildlife Permits 2000 – 2010

BHB
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.