Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: AHTE Reg 4 LEH proposal

Re: AHTE Reg 4 LEH proposal

The BCWF in conjunction with the Back Country Hunters and Anglers and the East Kootenay Wildlife association also responded: https://bcwf.bc.ca/bcwf-bc-bha-ekwa-...heep-proposal/

There was also a meeting between these groups and high level regional and provincial government wildlife and habitat staff last week.

The efforts by the WSSBC and the above groups resulted in the EK sheep proposal not being posted on the engagement website along with the rest of the proposals, but as you can see did not result in the withdrawal of the proposal. Take the time to respond and provide a rationale for your position.

Quote Originally Posted by 2chodi View Post
    The efforts by the WSSBC and the above groups resulted in the EK sheep proposal not being posted on the engagement website along with the rest of the proposals,......
    I still see when I look

Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    yes will comment and will support it going to LEH if set up correctly
    Time to think about the wildlife and conservation
    okay, I'll bite
    What's your rationale for voting for the change to LEH ?
    head count? head quality? age class?
    or just hunter control?

Excellent response. Sums up the situation very well. Every sheep hunter knows the populations are not even close to what they would be with proper funding and management from the provincial goverment.

Quote Originally Posted by boatdoc View Post
    Do you even hunt? Pretty sure you are some kind of a troll , leaf licking green wiener.
    Always throwing us hunters under the bus aren’t you.
    Precisely why I clicked on his user name and clicked “ignore” many years ago.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Quote Originally Posted by high horse Hal View Post
    okay, I'll bite
    What's your rationale for voting for the change to LEH ?
    head count? head quality? age class?
    or just hunter control?
    I have no idea where he is coming from....I cant answer that.

I will say this however, and it is the fact that I used to hunt for sheep in R4.
    And my Dad way more than I, and in one of the MU's of R4 that was GOS for sheep.
    While hunting elk, holding a blowing a bugle in one hand, with the other work the spotting scope pointed up the mtn looking
    for sheep.
    There was a time where we would always see sheep/rams all the time.
    And some decent rams were taken on those mtn's etc.
    But, these days you rarely ever spot sheep anymore up there if at all.
    Actually, its been a good number of years now since seeing them to be honest.

There certainly is an issue with the sheep, or at least in some parts of R4.
    BUT, it certainly wasn't HUNTING that impacted them.
    There was a time where the area had plenty of sheep hunters in there.
    Probably 3 to 1 vs elk hunters at one time.
    But again, success was very limited and if anyone did okay, it was the local GO only.
    But again, it wasnt hunting back then that caused any declines and it certainly isnt now.

So, how it turning a GOS season into an LEH season going to correct it??????
    IF the issue is not hunting related, it wont be resolved by limiting hunting further.
    This is a big issue with policies in regards to hunting all over the province.
    It's a piss off to see our Ministry still continues to manage wildlife in such an improper manner.

Stop hunting today, and the beasts will still disappear!

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    Done!

And just to note I am firmly in alliance with the WSSBC and firmly against the likes of LBM.
    And I let them know that in no uncertain terms.

Nog
    Funny be against some one that is concerned about wildlife, conservation and wanting to be able to still have a chance to hunt something. But your choice.
    Another funny thing probable many that are against the kootenay LEH probable know very little about the area or wildlife spend very little to no time in it
    or hunting it yet can voice a opinion on it to have things changed, similar to how the grizzly season was shut down.
    Funny how also in the other letter provided they say its about the hunt not the harvest but if goes on LEH they wont want to help the sheep any more
    so makes it sound like if they cant kill something they wont help wildlife. Also shows that many of these areas should be closed to hunting sheep since
    there below the threshold number, so why arent you pushing for what they say they are supossed to do and have these areas closed. Personally I would like
    to see it go LEH so still a chance to hunt it. For example 4-25 would be giving 4 tags but for any ram, 4-35 2 tags and so on. If your happy with a half
    curl then fine if you want to keep looking for something bigger your choice but with the full curl system when some one takes a short sheep yes
    it does hurt everyone.
    I also sure hope those that are against LEH have never applied for one, for then you really have no argument.

Thumbs down Re: AHTE Reg 4 LEH proposal

Funny be against some one that is concerned about wildlife, conservation and wanting to be able to still have a chance to hunt something.
    Funny that you continuously ignore the real problems afoot with wildlife populations, and continue to spout the government line that reduced opportunity will save the day. Especially so when all of the biologists involved point to the fact that hunting is not the issue.

Funny that you come on a hunting site to spew your convoluted ideas that mesh rather well with those of the lackluster & performance failing government. Repeatedly.

Funny? Not So Much.

Miss the days of the Blah Blah Blah emoticon, for in your case it fits extremely well.

Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    Funny that you continuously ignore the real problems afoot with wildlife populations, and continue to spout the government line that reduced opportunity will save the day. Especially so when all of the biologists involved point to the fact that hunting is not the issue.

Funny that you come on a hunting site to spew your convoluted ideas that mesh rather well with those of the lackluster & performance failing government. Repeatedly.

Funny? Not So Much.

Miss the days of the Blah Blah Blah emoticon, for in your case it fits extremely well.

Nog
    Ive never said that reduced opportunity will save the day, that is you guys that keep saying that i do. If you looked you would see that
    i have said there was a lot of other issues involved, and in some causes hunting is the issue, for example a couple goat zones that were taking off LEH but had to be put back on because of over hunting.
    If you want to do as the biologists suggest then push for a complete closure on the sheep areas that are below the threshold number.
    I do not have a problem with LEH.
    You and many others do so remember no applying for what your against.

Thumbs down Re: AHTE Reg 4 LEH proposal

Ive never said that reduced opportunity will save the day...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me