Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sweet Success

Re: Sweet Success

Good read. Thanks

Congratulations on Level 1: Grouse

Onto deer, moose, elk, and sheep, in that order of difficulty

Great story. I like that you managed to horrify your mother by teaching her grandson to hunt. It forces her to look at it in a different way (hopefully), and more people need to get that reality check. And speaking of reality checks, it sounds like your mentor Bill could use one too. With the amount of hunters (many with no clue and no mentor) that are in the woods these days, I find blaze orange is a very necessary part of my kit, unless I’m hunting turkeys or waterfowl where camo or earth tones are a necessity.

And by all means, add some more segments to your story if you have more adventures to share!
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Mum was initially horrified, but soon saw the value of her grandson spending time with his dad in nature, rather than gaming away endless hours on a computer. She's all for it now! (Best memories I have of him growing up were times spent fishing and chasing chickens together.)

As to blaze orange, there's much to be said for it, but I've yet to encounter one person wearing it in the bush. (Surprised the Nanny State hasn't mandated it yet, but on this issue I wouldn't object.) Here's a head-scratcher: a majority of U.S. states don't require a motorcycle helmet, but a majority do require hunters to wear blaze orange. (Ouch, hurts the brain to reflect on it for too long.)

This was fantastic! Thank you for sharing with us.

Oh what a great wonderfull grouse hunt for you and your son to experience. Great story.
    Nothing is like climbing a mountain, and then feeling like you are at the top of the world.

Really well written! Thanks for taking the time to share it - it was a good read!

Great story, now we have to get you trained up on posting pics.

I’m hoping story number two is a black tail.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.