Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spring Fishing sunshine coast......NEED LOCAL INFO!!

Spring Fishing sunshine coast......NEED LOCAL INFO!!

So the wife and I have decided since travelling abroad seems like a bit of a potential gong show, that we are going to do a little pre-spring trip here in B.C.....looking at mid march

Current plan is a couple or 3 days around harrison/ harrison mills area. I know its not peak season, but Im gonna see about a day of sturgeon fishing....we were thinking of staying at Kilby Lodge and then I would fish with him.

After that, the wife found some little secluded cabin around gibsons, prolly spend 3 days there as well. Question is......is there ANY ocean fishing to be had that time of year??? Again, I know its not salmon season or anything, but im wondering if theres a days fishing to be had chasing hali, ling, black sea bass etc. Not too picky, this vacay is more for the wife, so i'm just trying to find some opportunities to get out on the water for a day here and there.

any personal reccomendations for sturgeon guides around harrison, and ocean guides around the gibson area would be appreciated!

Thanks all!
    Chris
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Spring Fishing sunshine coast......NEED LOCAL INFO!!

There certainly are Winter springs available to be had, not for the faint of heart that time of year but they are around. Fish are usually deep, just off the mud, use purple combinations as that is one of the only clouds they see down really deep. Spoons and hootchies on 3 foot leaders to 6 foot behind flashers. The she ever leaders for the hootchies for sure. Fish near the Gap, Gower, Roberts creek, camp Bing, Hut, Salmon rock. Sorry I can't list any Salt guides out of Gibson's but Bonchovy out of Vancouver is a great outfit.

Fred's Custom Tackle or STS are good guide choices for Sturgeon, there are many more just research more.
    Good luck to you.
    Last edited by Imdone; 01-22-2022 at 06:04 PM.
    WSSBC
    BCWF
    CCFR
    BHA

for anything to do with sturgeon, contact Great River Fishing. www.greatriverfishing.com

Ocean fishing for winter springs, Bon Chovy. www.bonchovy.com

The #1 reason for these 2 choices is they are both extremely active in conservation advocacy issues for the sports we love.

best of luck!

Better off fishing over on the island according to a source that we’re well acquainted with.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

The locations have been chosen by "she who must be obeyed". The fishing opportunities are a sideline I'm looking into, not the main purpose of the trip. So the sturgeon outfitter needs to be local to the harrison hot springs/Harrison mills area (within 1 hour drive), and the ocean fishing needs to be near gibsons.

Thanks for the input so far!!
    Chris
    Emerson

Harrison Mills, check out Rowena Inn / Sandpiper. Nice accommodations and a good restaurant just up the road.

“Tell him to make it a couple days over to the island and I’ll take him out. Show him a pic of my rig 😉😂”
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Dave Korsch at Predators Pen in Gibsons, well respected local saltwater guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Knute View Post
    Dave Korsch at Predators Pen in Gibsons, well respected local saltwater guide.
    One of the best if not THE BEST in local Vancouver area waters.

Good recommendation Knute.

For the record Willy...... One of these charters for 8 hours will cost you dam close to $1000 bucks
    WSSBC
    BCWF
    CCFR
    BHA

For the record Willy...... One of these charters for 8 hours will cost you dam close to $1000 bucks
    yup...BUT......

charter for the day - $1000

avoiding holding the wifes purse while she checks out all the kitchy touristy stuff - PRICELESS!!!!!

Haha!
    Chris
    Emerson