Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Meat Deals

Re: Meat Deals

Quality Foods Bulk Bags of Chicken Drumsticks 99 cents / pound
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Local Save on (Surrey) had whole beef brisket for $3.99/ lb today. I picked up 3, or 50lbs worth.

I also just got a new cookbook “charcuterie - the art of salting, smoking, and curing”. So this bulk meat pickup will be handy for trying recipes!

I’ll bump this one for you for a goodie.. it’s the only meat I’ll buy from the grocery for the pellet grill.

AAA Texas beef brisket on sale for $3.99 a pound at save in.. cheaper than ground beef! Got myself 4 between 22-30lbs each… that should last the summer for smoking..

would have got more if I didn’t just put 130lbs of bear in the freezer.

Quote Originally Posted by upperleftcoaster View Post
    Local Save on (Surrey) had whole beef brisket for $3.99/ lb today. I picked up 3, or 50lbs worth.

I also just got a new cookbook “charcuterie - the art of salting, smoking, and curing”. So this bulk meat pickup will be handy for trying recipes!
    great minds think alike..
    was it a one day sale though? Merritt had lots this morning when I passed through

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    great minds think alike..
    was it a one day sale though? Merritt had lots this morning when I passed through
    they had tubes of ground beef for sale @ 3.99 at the beginning of the week, I’m wondering if they were making it from all that chuck? Then a couple days later they had the whole briskets on sale for the same price. I chose 3 of the biggest as i figured that would be enough for now. I don’t know if the sale lasted all week.

my dad texted me from Ontario, they had the same briskets at Zehrs (superstore/loblaws) for the same price. Must be a bunch that came in.

im already making a recipe list. Smoked brisket of course, but probably just like half size, one so it fits in my Bradley and two, that’s still a ton of meat.
    Also planning on pastrami, and a bunch of all beef sausages. Will try my hand at rookwurst too. I’ll use the fat trimmings to cut into my next batches of bear sausage. I’ve done a bunch of hams and bacon, but never brisket. Looking forward too this!
    Last edited by upperleftcoaster; 05-14-2022 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by upperleftcoaster View Post
    they had tubes of ground beef for sale @ 3.99 at the beginning of the week, I’m wondering if they were making it from all that chuck? Then a couple days later they had the whole briskets on sale for the same price. I chose 3 of the biggest as i figured that would be enough for now. I don’t know if the sale lasted all week.

my dad texted me from Ontario, they had the same briskets at Zehrs (superstore/loblaws) for the same price. Must be a bunch that came in.

im already making a recipe list. Smoked brisket of course, but probably just like half size, one so it fits in my Bradley and two, that’s still a ton of meat.
    Also planning on pastrami, and a bunch of all beef sausages. Will try my hand at rookwurst too. I’ll use the fat trimmings to cut into my next batches of bear sausage. I’ve done a bunch of hams and bacon, but never brisket. Looking forward too this!
    cuffently have 130lbs of bear meat st the butcher being made into sausage, kielbasa and all those various goodies so these babies will stay whole!currently dry rubbing a 22lber to throw on the Traeger tomorrow morning.. going to have to invite a couple of the guys over to help with it.

Quality foods $4.50 lb fresh snapper
    paid $8.50kg brisket at save on. Bought 2 for Montreal smoke

Thanks for the tip boys, picked up 2 briskets, the smaller ones seemed to have a little better marbling but it was hard to tell..tipped off a few buddies but itnwas too late they were out..
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

My Save-On brisket is in the cure now for corned beef and pastrami, can't wait!!!!!!

Save On Foods AAA striploin on sale $8/lb starting today, 4 days only
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me