Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bc yukon air contact??

Re: Bc yukon air contact??

When I booked my first fly in, 2018 , I was outright told that they would not fly me to Level. No reason was given, granted I didn't ask why as I had other spots in mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale View Post
    Made contact with BC Yukon finally. Anyone here or know of anyone that is going into Level this year or between now and 2026? Apparently booked for years.....hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale View Post
    Made contact with BC Yukon finally. Anyone here or know of anyone that is going into Level this year or between now and 2026? Apparently booked for years.....hmmm.
    Sounds extremely familiar as previous experiences. Sure have been some shenanigans regarding certain lakes rather than just coming out and saying that they won't fly you there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacanuck View Post
    I would go with Black Sheep Aviation or Liard Air if you can. I've only been hearing horror stories of late with BC Yukon Air. I would go with another provider if you can
    Yup 1st fly in hunt last year We use them and we will never use them again. Was a shit show

Sorry if this hijacks the thread. In /73 3 of us were wanting to go to the Spatsizi and we booked with BC Yukon to fly us in . Where we wanted to go we were told the lake was too shallow until we provided an aerial photo showing how beaver had actually raised the lake . We flew in and were picked up 2 weeks later at Coldfish Lake and the pilot was Bruce Busbee at a total cost of $262.50 (still got the receipt somewhere). Best holiday I ever had.

Anyone been to Badman lake lately?
    Since Bruce & Terry sold the bizniz, they won’t fly you into Badman anymore.
    The problem is, outfitters are buying the floatplane charter businesses.

Quote Originally Posted by sako79 View Post
    Yup 1st fly in hunt last year We use them and we will never use them again. Was a shit show
    I flew with them in '21 for the fourth time and didn't have any issues. I did hear similar comments as yours from others though who flew later than I did. It sounds as though a lot of poor dispatch decisions were made. That can be a difficult job, or one that appears seamless to clients. If the right person(s) aren't involved, things can go sideways and the company's reputation can take a big hit - as it seems to be now.

Flew in with them in 2020 had no issues with BC Yukon Air they even got us out 4 days early do to bear issues.

Booked the same lake in 2021 and last minute opportunity led to a jet boat hunt and bailed on the flight just figured id eat my deposit no problem got emailed the day we had scheduled to be picked up from dispatch asking if we needed a ride (odd as we were never dropped off).

Tried booking another lake for this up coming year and have had 3 separate reach out to BC Yukon Air since October and not one reply and ended up getting a spot to a lake that BC Yukon wouldn't even give us as an option.

Aside from the lack of response from them they were awesome to deal with.

Did the OP ever get this sorted I wonder?