Here's a story about how weather conditions are so dependent on waterfowling.

Saturday at Boundary Bay:

Weather: After a week of snow. Overcast. Ground is crunchy. Cloud level fairly low. Scattered snow flakes. Some wind but not much. Tide rising. There is lots of light mainly reflected in the ice and against the clouds. The channel is crunchy with ice patches.

Saturday results: Oh my. Birds are everywhere. They are active, flying here and there. And they are responding to decoys. In the cold air, they are cupping and coming straight in. Limit minus one. Could have had the limit if I had stayed out the entire day and been less picky. Superb action throughout the morning. My buddies got four each. Even new guy got four.

Sunday at Boundary Bay:

Weather: Let the sunshine in. Gorgeous day. Warm. Ice is melting and cracking everywhere. Mostly clear skies with gauzy cloud. Stuff that is melting is throwing off moisture. No wind. Tide rising.

Sunday results: snoozeville! Same set up, but stale day. Great day to soak up some rays. Great day to take the gloves off. Lots of ducks .. nowhere near the shore. They were all feeding in farms or loafing in the nursery pond. No teal, no pinnies skimming the coast. High flying wigeon and mallard. Take home for the three dudes. One buffie and one wigeon hen! Only real excitement was a flight of Canadas who didn't come down lower than skybusting height and all the wigeon scattered from the nursery ponds one time.

What a difference a day makes!